It has come to my attention that Logan+sleep is -never- going to be something easy for us. As of the last few week we have had serious digression with him. Okay, digression isn't the best word so lets say serious problems? He no longer wants to go to bed and wakes up 1-2 times in the night (which has always been the case since the training - he'd wake up at least once but sometimes he wouldn't wake at all). Anyways, going to bed is so hard because he has decided that he can just jump out of his crib now - why stay in right when you can get out?
We're just frusterated and that is really making me upset because i'm trying so hard to keep that out of my life (anger/frusteration). We figure we will just transition him to his big boy bed since we have to put him back to bed a gazillion times anyways. Also we're just not sure why bedtime turned sour for him? During/after the training until recently he would go down without crying, or would fuss for 20-30 seconds then go to sleep - now he screams and cries and fusses for up to an hour! The most frusterating thing is we haven't changed our schedule at all or done anything to 'mess with' the schedule - no travelling, no late night company, etc.
Anyways, as I said, looks like Logan is just our little blessing..
At least I still have nap time! (which btw, I do NOT let him sleep longer than his 2 hours because I don't think he deserves to stay up late fussing and get up early and then sleep the entire afternoon away - I'd wake up him after just an hour but selfishly I need the time to study and relax!)
PS. other frusteration - in the mornings he has gotten into this habit of reaching into his diaper and pointing his you-know-what upwards, thus when he pees it leaks out, soaking his clothes and bedding - I have done more laundry then i'd care to admit the last week! What a little stinker eh?? How do you change that behaviour? If I see him doing it taking his hand out just makes him try harder to do it - so today I just opened one side of his diaper after he was finished and pointed back down - but i'm not always there to catch it. Boo. -_- Hopefully this habit doesn't last long! In about 3-5 months I have decided to potty train day/night at the same time so hopefully that will make a difference! (Blog to come about that)
Wow, sounds like Logan is a barrel of fun right now. I think that somehow kids instinctively know several months before the baby comes that their life is going to change and they start reacting to the change that is coming. Both Caleb and Ty have done that. Maybe Logan is doing that with the bedtime thing.
ReplyDeleteI believe kids can sense change coming too...it's not exactly the same, but my dog Charlie started significantly misbehaving two months before Dexter was born. Behavior that was very different from his norm, very very frustrating (it involved pooping & scratching the door like crazy when we left him at home). Thankfully he has reverted back to his norm!
ReplyDeleteBoys & their pee pees...I just don't even know how to handle that! They discover them at such an early age & seem to think it is a very special fun toy indeed. I can only dreed the upcoming years and the challenges we will have!
Sleep is such an important foundation for everything else, and I can completely understand your frustrations as I just recently got Dexter onto a schedule for going to bed. At least you have nap times! They are still a challenge for us, typically I get him to nap by using the van or going for a stroller walk. Sucks!