Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Let it be known!

1. I bought groceries at Superstore and hit the $250 limit which qualifies me for the coupon free gift - this month it was 25 CENTS per litre off gas (woohoo right??) - well I readily went home and got myself unloaded and what not and when Michael got home before I left to a baby shower I told him about it and said I was going to go fill up before the party (conveniently the van was empty). So I get to the gas bar at Extra Foods and they inform me that in fact the coupon is only valid at Superstore gas bars. -_- How sad! In the moment my mind flashed to 'Kyla it's your choice to be angry or just let it go, either way you need to fill up' so I just let it go! HOLY! What a great experience! Yes it was annoying and yes I had an urge to argue and fight it, but frankly, what good would it have done? Nothing - the rules are there for a reason and I didn't clarify it before I left the city. (Side Note: Superstore is in Calgary, a 30 min drive away almost to the minute from my house). Sadly the coupon expiry date was for yesterday so I was just not able to make it work out to go back in.

2. Camping this weekend. I will be completely honest, I am not all that keen on going. It's going to be wet, it's going to be cold, and it's going to be a lot of work and alot of discomfort (pregnancy wise). BUT.. Michael is dead set on it and I love him enough to make the sacrifice. He agreed that if its miserable (weather and mood) we can come home Saturday instead of Sunday, so I figure we'll just hope for the best and see what happens! Wish us luck! I do love camping - I just want perfect camping conditions as does everyone i'm sure! I hopefully have enough distractions for Logan when we have to be tent-trailer bound. That's really the part that gives me the most anguish to think about is that it will definetly be a challenge for me to keep my cool - Michael isn't the best communicator and I allow myself to become frusterated (or have in the past) when I am not getting my fix of communication that I need/require...put that into a small confined space with a potentially just as frusterated 2 year old and we'll see how I can manage! lol I'm committing to keep my anger goals the entire weekend...wish me luck!

3. I hit 30 weeks in less than 48 hours from this blog and to me that is a hugely big deal because the end truly feels like it's in sight! I've said it before and I'll say it again - pregnancy is NOT my forte, but babies most definetly are a huge delight and beautiful part of my spirit and physical being. I just love children and I still want 3-4 of them despite the awfulness and horrificness of being pregnant. :) BUT that was just a tiny rant and not the purpose of my post - I just wanted to celebrate week 30! Hopefully this baby graces us early with his/her presence early like Logan (38 weeks) as opposed to ontime or late! hehe (no peanut gallery comments please on how the baby will 'come when it comes' and junk like that, just let me have my dreams)

4. I can't believe July is almost here! Holy smokes June just whipped on by...Summer is an extremely busy time of year and all our weekends (except for July 8th weekend) are booked right up! I love having a busy schedule - it just makes the days go by so nicely.

5. That leads me into one more comment I wanted to make - when I home with 'nothing to do' (I say that lightly) I find myself constantly thinking about food. I just want to eat eat eat. This is my entire life and despite the fact that i have learned to conquer it in the past I have found that being a stay at home mom definetly adds to the hardship. I need to relearn how to conquer it while I feed my kid(s) snacks and I need to relearn to conquer it when I'm baking things for kids, husband or friends, etc. It's something I am not going to add to my plate right now (ha ha i'm punny) but as soon as this pregnancy is over and it's safe to really 'play with my food choices' I plan to really buckle down again. Side note: I'm not doing so horendously that I am over eating significantly but i'm definetly not in a place that make sme feel awesome like I have in the past. Stupid food just consumes my brain and I think that's just a challenge I will always have, which is fine by me - I just need to get a hold of the reins 100% instead of 75%.

3 comments:

  1. Hope camping goes better than expected for you. I won't give you those comments about the baby. I wished with all of them to be early, so that'd be awfully hypocritical of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyla, I hope you kept your coupon! It actually doesn't expire until the 22nd, you just have to make the GROCERY purchase by the 16th. I know cause I am going to use the coupon this week. I'm assuming it's the same! If you don't have the coupon, I have one I printed from the website. I can send it to you if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 30 weeks!

    I hope baby comes for you when you want (is it more likely cuz Logan was early or does that not having any bearing?) Why can't people let us be Type A & wishfully plan our life? Even if it is out of our hands...positive thinking can work!

    ReplyDelete