Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Potty Training

Potty training is everything I expected but 'easier' (knock on wood) then I thought too. It's all kid based I think. My biggest concern about starting Logan so soon (some would argue 21/2 is not too soon while others I know have all waited till their boys are 3) but Logan was down right ready - I was getting sick and tired of finding him half naked as he attemped to get his pants down and diaper off to go pee..

Anyways the past two days we have only had 1-2 accidents in a day! And we even left him in underwear for our outings around town and into the city. I put a plastic bag and a towel down in his carseat so should he pee (or worse) during any drives I won't have to disassemble the carseat to wash it. And now of course I have a change of clothes with me at all times for him too - more stuff for the diaper bag! sheesh.

But really, he has been really good at this whole potty training business. I keep -expecting- more accidents but there hasn't been any. I think the stress of that expectation has been what's kept me on edge more lol. That being said, his maturity level is still on the low-end and he gets to the potty 98% of the time because we are hourly (or more) hounding him with the question 'do you have to go potty?' and if he hasn't gone ina  while we just plunk him down on the toilet and he pees... he has yet to come to me and say 'mom i have to go' - so i'm not sure how long that will take for him to click into, but in the mean time I get to be that person for him.

Nighttime training - we aren't even going to think about crossing this bridge until he's well into his 3's lol. He does wake up in th enight and maybe we'll put him on the toilet at that wakeup but frankly he's always been a bad sleeper, so i'm definetly not going to -wake- him up to take him to go pee! LOL how silly right?

Anyways, my conclusion: as long as the kid is ready, potty training isn't too bad! -knock on wood-

2 comments:

  1. And when the kid isn't ready, it's a living nightmare! Glad that Logan is doing well for you, though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I am so nervous for this! I am not sure when we'll start potty training. He doesn't seem to have any concept of when he's peeing. How many pairs of underwear did you have?

    ReplyDelete