Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Friday, March 25, 2011

No specific topic..just random stuff

1. Sometimes I really dislike the aspect of a child's life where they change so much. Just when we finally feel like we have a grip on Logan's sleeping he throws us a curveball. Logan sleeps through the night with no need for us about 60% of the time, the other 40% we have to attend to him once and we're okay with that! But as of the past few days he is just -not- going to bed well! He cries and cries and cries - tonight was about an hour. We don't believe in the cry-it-out method to a point, so our theory is usually let him cry 5 mins, then 6 mins, then 7, etc and attend him inbetween...of course once we reach 7 mins he's usually settled and asleep but not tonight! So we finally coaxed him to sleep but it was a battle. I don't believe it's anything we've necessarily done wrong and it's more linked to his personality becoming more apparent and he's just in a phase of life (age 0-4) of constant change! BUT knowing that doesn't necessarily make it any easier. Not looking for advice i'm strictly venting.

2. Bowen is phenominal! I have had some outstanding success stories one of which seems to be possibly making drastic changes on a young girl with ADHD (combined with some supplements she started to take, not prescribed by me but things I definetly understand why they'd help). Even myself - I have been going to the chiropractor for a hip pain that i've been experiencing (because there is no Bowen practitioner for me to see close by) and I had to see her 3 times a week to keep it from being in pain, and when I stopped seeing her for a week I could barely move by the end of the week. Well my Bowen weekend module 6 I just had we practice every and all procedures on each other and after two days of that I could NOT move! lol I was in SOOO much pain...however, the next day it was better, and the next even better and the past 2 days have been virtually pain free! That is a semi typical Bowen response to feel worse before you feel better -especially- in a case where you have had too much work done on you (ex: a classroom setting). I wish I had easier access to see one of my classmates but I can't spare the round trip 3+ hours it would take me...a shame. I taught Michael the one procedure though to help me out in those moments of distress so as it was starting to slightly resurface today I nipped it in the butt (lol that's funny to me because the procedure is more or less on the butt)

3. I would really like Spring to arrive! -sigh- The past two days have been highly unusual weather wise...it's been overcast, foggy, and misty ALL day long...it's gloomy and depressing and has kept me from travelling to a few destinations I had planned to go.

4. Dear spouses and significantly others who do the dishes: Please rinse the sponge and rag out at the end of the dish washing experience. Thanks and much appreciated! :)

lol well I think that's all? At least it's all I can handle today - i'm pretty tired so despite the fact it's not quite 9pm I think i'll 'hit the hay'. Night all!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the kid changing thing. Dexter got woke up with pink eye on Wednesday so we've had the torture of trying to give him eye drops twice a day. Dexter, meanwhile, has a mind of his own and cries (making his eyes very liquidy) and squeezes his eyes shut making things super difficult. Ah, the life of a parent!

    ReplyDelete