Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Baby stuff, Anger update, New tent trailer, Bowen, and Logan's Bday Party!

1. Baby stuff: This pregnancy is SO different that I would be extremely not surprised if it is a girl.
    a) My belly 'sticks out' as far as it did at the END of my pregnancy with Logan already and i'm only 28 weeks. He or she is sitting way out front and it really takes my breath away and makes moving around much more difficult than it was with Logan. Scares me that I still have 10-12 weeks to go!
    b) I have had many more aches and pain (sciatic, lower back, sleeping problems, nausia in the beginning, and yeast infection)
    c) I still stand by that I don't believe in cravings, but I have had far less will power this pregnancy thus I have already gained 22lbs at 28 weeks and I only gained 20lbs Logan's entire pregnancy.
    d) This time around all I really feel inclined to focus on is girl names. With Logan I felt inclined to only seek out boy names.
    e) This baby is WAY more active than Logan. He or she kicks and moves so much that it will keep me awake at night or even wake me up from a sleep! I can sit and watch my belly bounce like crazy while i'm relaxing in a chair or on a couch - it's quite something! Must be a girl who has inherited my impatience ;) lol

2. Anger: I am still doing very well with anger/frusteration control! It has helped immensely in even my parenting skills the more I go along. Logan is behaving much better (I have also been doing balance work with him) and Michael and I have a strengthened relationship. Best decision I ever made! It has even helped me be able to focus and remember those important things like prayer and scripture study to a great extent which brings the spirit into my life even more so.

3. Camping: We have inherited a tent trailer from some VERY generous relatives and are VERY excited to be able to go camping this season :) We want to go out at least twice but maybe even 3-4 times if it's successful. Our first scheduled trip is Father's Day weekend. My biggest concerns lay around Logan's nap/sleep because of course a) we'll be in a trailer - we haven't slept away from home since January because in February we did his sleep training - and b) it's just a different environment all together..he will likely stay up late and get up early which is fine - that's just part of the camping experience, but I guess my biggest hope is that he settles back into his routine easily when we get home! lol We are going to try Bow Valley Campground in Kananaskis country which is just an hour away from home so worst case scenario we can come home without too much hassle!

4. Bowen: I worked on a newborn (2 weeks old) that was experiencing gas/bloating and in ONE treatment he was sleeping 'through the night' (as far as a newborn goes with feeding schedule) and no more gas/bloating at all! I know Bowen works and I know what it should do, but it still surprises me sometimes hehe. Wish me luck as I have my final examination(s) this coming weekend.

5. Logan's Birthday Party: WOW! What a great time! I was really bummed about not being able to be outside (especially to do the wagon train idea we had) but I was able to turn my house into a party location that in my opinion turned out awesome! Upstairs I blocked off the bedroom areas with baby gates (as I realy didn't want to have to clean up -every- single room in my house after the party lol - Logan's room has all the 'tiny' piece toys in it). In the upstairs family room I set up 3 stations: a) train tracks and trains, b) duplo lego, and c) barns & animals. Plus I had a table and chairs for people who wanted to eat/snack up there. Downstairs I had the ride on toys and things set up and Logan's birthday present (a new BIG slide) whcih was a big hit. Also the dinner tables and chairs were set up downstairs also.
-Supper was an array of kid friendly food (originally planned to be burgers but pouring rain meant no bbq access). I served Pizza (cheese, hawaiian, meat lovers), kraft dinner, veggies and dip, chips and dip, watermelon, pineapple, grapes, ceasar salad, and a marshmellow fruit salad thing. Of course for dessert I did a HUGE train cake which if it weren't for my mom may have ended up in the trash lol.. at a certain moment it caused me alot of stress but again, my mom is a miracle worker and an amazing lady and helped me get it together :)
-After supper we did presents then cake/ice cream. Shortly after that people started to trickle out. I started the party about 4:00 and people came and went up until about 7:30 - and my brother and his family stayed a little later. It worked out well cuz some people had to go before supper and some came a little later so the 30 people that were here were scattered a bit allowing it to not feel so packed in my house.
-All in all a great time and it took me ALL day to ready for it (and a good chunk of the day before) and I would do it again in a heartbeat - but only that size of a party if i'm not pregnant lol - my body couldn't really handle all I did, even with my mom's help! Logan had a great time, behaved himself, and got spoiled. I am happy to say I have a VERY polite 2 year old - every gift he recieved he went to the person (even with everyone watching him in the crowd) and said 'thank you -insert name-'. He didn't even freak out when all the other kids were checking out his presents with him. It was lovely :) Thanks to all who came out!

6. Now that Logan is 2 I am contemplating the potty training battle. Wish me luck - haven't started yet but I'm going to watch a DVD I have and read some sites about how to get started, etc. I am not sure I'll start yet or not - I might give him a few more months to mature first (I believe in one battle at a time and we might try and do the crib-to-bed battle first).

I think that's all for now!

Oh, lastly: A shout out to my friend Crystal - I love you and you're an amazing friend - thanks for being you :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like other than pregnancy related pain that things are going well for you, which is great to hear. I hope you have a blast camping. I'd love to camp, but John isn't up to running an extension cord for his machine at this point:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still fascinates me that each pregnancy can be so different from the last, even with the same mama lol Guess variety is the spice of life!

    I'm sad we missed Logan's turning 2 party...we should really look into having a Mega Birthday party for all our kids each year. It could be a very fun tradition!

    Thanks for the shout out, I feel extra special!

    I also want to say that the drive & commitment you've displayed with your Bowen is incredible and I am SO impressed with you!

    ReplyDelete