Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ode to my 2 year old

Every child develops at a different rate and speed, and I just wanted to take this opportunity to record what my two year old can do! It'll be nice to reference this years to come (I also have printed this and put it in my written journal).
1. Stats: 36.5" tall and 32 pounds
2. Logan has had 2 'official' hair cuts and many trims. He doesn't have thick hair but certain areas grow in thicker. And it's curly/wavy in a hard to make cute kind of way (being i'm not style inclinded when it comes to hair) so for now we keep it short as it thickens up. He's blond with a hint of strawberry in there! And he has my fair skin (poor fellow!)
3. He has dozens and dozens of words. In fact I couldn't even begin to list them anymore. He repeats after me and puts 3 or 4 words together and his pronunciation is pretty good in my opinion! As of this week his longest phrase is 'rock by baby in treetop'
4. Logan can count! ..not necessarily in order mind you lol but he can count to 9. I will say 1, he will say 2, then I will 3, then he will say 4, then I will say 5 and he will say 9 or something lol.. I love it! It's so much fun. Even since I wrote this I have noticed that he has 1, 2, 3 more or less figured out.
5. Logan can recognize colors but can't necessarily always identify them yet. ex: he will call the yellow ball blue. thankfully he lets us correct him and doesn't get upset with us about it! hehe. It's his newest thing this week it seems to recognize colors. During Diego just this morning Diego asked 'is this turtle blue?' Logan replied no, then Diego asked 'is he red?' and Logan says no, and then Diego said 'is this turtle green?' and Logan said yes! I was very impressed :)
6. Tantrums: he has few full on tantrums but he definetly has many 'moments' lol. It all depends what you define as a tantrum. A tantrum to me is a full on freak out - kicking and screaming and the works. Moments are 'i'm not getting my way so i'm gonna be mad for the next minute or two' but gets over it pretty quickly.
7. Logan naps for 2 hours every day from 12 - 2:00, sometimes an extra 30-45 minutes tacked in there, rarely less.
8. Logan is sensative :) not in a completely wussy way (tho he has his moments lol) but he's just genuinely a sensative child.
9. Eating habits: Logan is up and down. When his habits are less than kosher (per my opinion) then I get some energy work done for him and he gets back on track. He doesn't eat much meat at this point and he is picky with his veggies but will eat them - same with fruit. Of course like any kid he loves crackers and fruit snacks and 'junk' like that.
10. Schedule is important for Logan and me. I don't mess with it and will keep it that way as long as humanly possible. Thankfully I don't have any obligations that force me to have to change things.
11. Logan still has up to 3 bottles a day of milk - we usually transition either morning and/or night with a sippy cup (as it's just as he watches tv). Nap time bottle will be the last I change (meaning until he stops napping on his own free will he will get his naptime bottle) only because I feel confident that if I ween it from him it will also ween his nap which I'm not willing to do.
12. "I love you mommy" <--love hearing him say that phrase!
13. "sorry mommy" <---or sorry to whomever he has 'wronged' - another phrase I love to hear. He also says excuse me, thank you, please and bless you
14.. He likes TV but knows that the tv stays off during the day and doesn't push for it. He gets to watch up to an hour in the morning and up to an hour before bed and that is it.
15. Logan loves babies! He will VERY gently hold them and stroke them and talk to them.
16. Logan has good balance. From birth he has always been the cautious type - didn't do anything he wasn't comfortable doing and didn't do anything until he was defintely sure he could conquer it on the first or second try. He still is like that.
17. Logan knows 4 songs plus the actions (okay not the words completely yet, but he can do the actions): Wheels on the Bus, Popcorn Popping, Once There Was a Snowman, & the Fish Song ("swish swish went the little blue fish one day..") We sing these daily lol.. often multiple times.
18. Favourite TV show: Dora the Explorer & Diego (but also likes Franklin and Max&Ruby)
19. Favourite Movie: Astroboy
20. Lastly at this point Logan is just all around a happy and calm boy. People tell me (whether it's polite or not) that when they watch him for me he is very good and always welcome back to their homes :) I like to think it's partially our good parenting skills but really a huge part of that is his personality and demeanor are just fairly laid back!

I love my little boy and would never change a thing about him! He's perfectly fit into our little family and I look forward to a lifetime ahead with him.

Happy Birthday Logan!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Logan! I'm so excited to see how your lil man grows and develops and I'm so happy that I can be a part of it. I'm curious to see how he's going to interact with baby #2 on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super interesting!

    What kinds of veggies does Logan eat, & how are they prepared (i.e. raw, cooked, etc)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raw Veggies: cucumber, peppers sometimes, and carots - just plain, no dip...

    Cooked: peas, corn (on the cob is a real treat he enjoys), green beans (canned typically), cooked carrots...oh and baby corn too.

    at a chinese food place he'll eat zuchini (not at home though) and sometiems broccoli

    ReplyDelete