Wikipedia def: "Referred pain is a term used to describe the phenomenon of pain perceived at a site adjacent to or at a distance from the site of an injury's origin. One of the best examples of this is during ... heart attack where pain is often felt in the neck, shoulders, and back rather than in the chest, the site of the injury"
Why am I giving you this information? Well I share it because in my last post I explained how my sciatic pain is linked to my kidney. I typically feel confident when people/practitioners explain certain things to me, but it really depends on the person, and the lady that had worked on me I didn't have a connection with her (meaning she's a nice lady but we just didn't 'click' if that makes sense?) - anyways, just last night I was studying in my Anatomy and Physiology text and came across this "referred pain" concept and it was just clarification to me that she has the knowledge and it is correct knowledge.
In my text book it also has a diagram that is color coated that explains different connections around the body (like the heart/shoulder connection in a heart attack) and the kidney organ absolutely is linked to the region of the hip. So now it has been medically confirmed to me (even I need that confirmation at times) that my right kidney function is linked to my left sciatic/hip. :)
Anyways, just was intrigued by that info and thought i'd share!
Neat.
ReplyDelete