So Logan had a reaction to some bug bite yesterday (or day before). Broke out in hives on his arms, neck and face. He also has a very swollen eye which is where the doctor suspects the reactive bug bite originated. I suspect it was a red ant or a bee or something other than a mosquito but of course i'll never know! We just have been told to give him benadryl if he seems bothered (itchy) by the hives. He's fine otherwise - no other symptoms!
For me, my tests came back (well the one came back - the lab may have lost yet another one which would reeeeally irritate me if that's actually what happened) negative! Negative for yeast, so my suspicioun is that I -had- yeast and all the things I did and tried worked but I had a skin irritation that would not heal either due to the Strep B bacteria not allowing me to heal (I tested positive for it in the swab he did) or even just hormones and pregnancy sensativities not allowing me to heal. (yup i'm self diagnosing as I never get a straight answer from doctors lol). Anyways, he prescribed me yet ANOTHER cream (on top of the 2 that he gave me last week) - I called my midwives and asked them what they thought about it and they said that if the first two are working they aren't really sure why he prescribed the other, specifically the one he did prescribe. So i'm going to just let it slide for now and stick with what i've been doing as I have had positive results from using it.
Either way i'm just really excited to have some sort of definite answer one way or another. (not that it's 100% a great answer lol). My midwives also informed me that they will test again at 36-37 weeks to see if it's cleared because of course those moms who read this blog know that if you're strep b+ you have to have an antibiotic during labor.
Otherwise we're just hanging in per usual! Enjoying the sunshine! i've been bike riding with Logan and exercising best I can (walking/biking mostly). I had Michael give me a priesthood blessing to assist me in gaining control over my eating habits as I felt realy out of control the past couple weeks and since Ihave been able to avoid sweets :) (I allow myself chips or popcorn in moderation if they are being served but that's it) - my weight has even come down a few lbs as an added bonus!
Yup, 31.5 weeks along and counting!
OH! Other exciting news: We have decided (well 'decided' -it's dependant on a few factors at this point) to go to Disneyland in February or early March for 5-6 days! The dependant factors: 1. seeing what kind of baby we have, 2. michael's tax return audit results, 3. getting my credit card back down to normal - a few more than I wanted of my Bowen classes got put on it. A few reasons why we're choosing to go: 1. being we plan on 3-4 kids, if we wait until the youngest is 'old enough' then Logan will miss out on some of those travel opportunities, 2. Michael happens to have a bonus that will cover the cost, 3. we just LOVE to travel, 4. we will be taking a 3rd adult with us and thus can rotate between the three of us in the evenings staying at the hotel during bedtime.
Anyways, that's it! :)
Disneyland sounds like fun. I've never been and don't feel deprived but it's a big thing in the Bly family, so the boys will probably end up going at some point, which they will love, I'm sure. I never thought about getting a blessing to not overeat but it does make perfect sense now that I think about it.
ReplyDeleteNikki, yes I just felt that it was something that was consuming me in a negative way, and what better way then to ask Heavenly Father to help me out right? :) It's something that personallya ffects me on a deep emotional level so it's just what the 'doctor ordered'. And yes, Disney seems big in the Bly family - not so much Charlie's family but i've never been either.. I'd much rather go to DisneyWorld but frankly it's double the price so we'll have to settle on the D-land lol
ReplyDelete-Kyla