Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cocyntal - a miracle homeopath

This is a MIRACLE worker... so it's a product called Cocyntal "baby colic" for -abdominal pain, -cramps, -spasms, -intestinal gas in chilcren 1-6 months old. It's a product by Boiron Laboratories - you may even recognize the brand by the little Koala wearing the doctor headband thingy, as they have a few product lines for teething, etc.

Anyways, For the past 2 days, and then sporadically over the past week, Carter has been suffering from tummy pain but definetly yesterday and the day before was the worst of it. I called my midwives to inquire if they had any suggestions as I had been trying gripe water, but it just wasn't touching the pain for him. All Carter wanted to do was nurse as that is calming for babies, but adding more milk to it was making it worse (at first I thought he was hungry still but I quickly learned that wasn't it). So Joy (the midwife) recommended I pick up this Cocyntal (you can get it at shoppers drug mart or health food stores or even places like Superstore I think carries it) and I ran out and got some.

The instructions on the packaging are a little confusing to me, so I asked the health food store lady how it all works, and she said with homeopathics you use it symptomatically - so when you have the symptom you use it, when you don't - you don't! So as he is suffering you give him a dose, wait 15 mins then give him another, wait 15 mins then give another - can repeat the same cycle one more time. With Carter I gave him one dose and he calmed for a few minutes but by the end of the 15 mins he was screaming again so I gave him another and that did it! He was a HAPPY little guy until he fell asleep for the night! And today he didn't even cry out of discomfort until 10am! So I gave him 1 dose and that's all it took - he has been a happy camper. Like, I wish I could explain my surprise and excitment because if you had seen and heard him crying almost the whole time he was awake the past 2 days, you'd see how phenominal this stuff has been.

So every new mother should have Cocyntal AND Callendula AND Arnica on hand for birth and delivery and then your baby afterwards.

Callendula: use in your peri-bottle and on the baby's umbilical cord
Arnica: take during labor and the day after - helps heal bruising and cuts, etc.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you found something good that works for him and that he's doing better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have some of the colic stuff but wouldnt have know the 15 minute thing. Very useful!

    ReplyDelete