Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Update - on everything

Good morning World! I haven't blogged in awhile and I have lots of things i've been wanting to blog but haven't, so i'll just try and remember things as I go.

1. Potty Training: I started this with Logan, and frankly he's doing very well I think! We go through underwear like no tomorrow but he's also getting to the potty. The part that's most 'frusterating' to me is that it hasn't clicked for him that he can go to th epotty without me asking him or dragging him there. He start to pee, then we rush to the potty and he finishes. So we still have to change his underwear even though he potty peed. -_- I know potty training isn't easy or fun and Logan is officially 2 1/2 with interest in doing it so I figure I need to jump on it. ...his thing is that by the end of the day (or like 2/3:00) he brings me a diaper and asks to put it back on. We talk about it and I say okay because by that time i'm usually getting tired of it all too LOL, so i'm not sure if that's a digression or a progression for him, it's only day 2 and hard to say! We will keep on trucking! Today we're heading to the city for hte morning so we'll try the afternoon for potty training instead.

2. Carter: He weighed in at 6 weeks at 13.5lbs and 25". THREE inches in length over 6 weeks, holy cow, that's some serious growth I think! Looking at his body when I change him, he has a reeeally long torso! It's been interesting even still with Carter for me. I love my boys through and through, but it's a different kind of love for each - equal love, but different. Does that make sense? ...on another note, he is still a pretty good baby! I am going to be transitioning him to his crib today (as he is 8 weeks old today)... I don't konw how that will go but we'll give it a try! I'm so used to just rolling over and nursing him then going back to sleep, getting up will be a different story. I'm going to sleep on an air mattress in his room for a few nights to transition... hopefully his cries won't wake up Logan every night! Thankfully Michael is still sleeping with Logan so if it does he should be able to put him back down. ..My midwives told me at my 6 week that Carter's weight is large enough that he doesn't -need- to be nursing at night at all, so i'm hoping to kind of ween him of a feed with this transition as well. I don't mind one feed, but 2+ is not okay. He's already a chubby baby LOL (it reeally bothers me despite mybest intentions that he has a fat neck with a double chin).

3. I'm throwing a halloween party on Monday! It's going to be a BLAST I think. I have 35+ moms & kids coming - being the numbers grew so rapidly I had to move my location to my church as my house would just be too crowded. I have a ton of games and activities planned, and I also have a healthy snack table (as it is hween so I stayed clear of too many treats). I'll blog about it afterwards but i'm pretty stoked about it.

4. ZUMBA. I have taken on a zumba class on Tues/Wed evenings! I had no idea what zumba was other than hearing that it's the latest 'craze', so I decided to check it out! Well there's a LOT of shimmy-ing and shaking LOL. I was like 'oh dear, am I allowed to do that?' hehe, so I of course went to the class again! Ha! After the initia shock of what zumba is wore of, the class on day 2 wasn't nearly as shocking to me, and it was even a lot of fun! You only shake as far as you'd like to take it, it's the constant dance movements that is the exercise, so you can of course really make it inappropriate or just do the base moves! I am going to keep it up for a solid month, combined with healthy eating and see if i'm getting results that i'm happy with! :)

I think that's all? oh wait - we did carter's baby blessing this past weekend and it was just lovely :)  - what is a baby blessing? Well it's basically a special occasion in our church where the father of the baby and other priesthood holders of our choice get to stand up in church and offer a blessing on your child, or a specal prayer I suppose it could be compared to. Carter was blessed with lots of beautiful words by Michael and then we had a lovely get-together afterwards at our home. I was pretty disappointed certain people didn't even bother to come or call and say they weren't but well that's why we've stopped attending their 'important events' because it's definetly not a two-way street. Other than that, I was really happy with the day and how it all turned out! Carter was a very good baby (always nice to have when there are crowds around LOL) .

2 comments:

  1. The Halloween party sounds like so much fun, I hope you have a blast. So wish I could be there to go to Zumba with you. I really want to try it out. I understand about certain people not coming or calling. When Brett came 7 weeks early and was in the NICU I had CLOSE family members who never even bothered to call and see how we were doing, and it was a traumatic thing to go through. OUCH! I'm slowly letting go of it, but it takes time. Anyway, the point of my sharing that was to say that I definitely understand what it would be disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap, dude, you had another little one??? huge congrats on that!!! best wishes to your expanding family :)

    ReplyDelete