Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My family: present and future

Now that Carter is born and life is really getting to seem normal again (as far as 'normal' goes anyways), I can't help but think about my future family size on occasion. We, as you know, have applied for the adoption of a child into our family. That process won't go forward until Carter is 1 year old but in the meantime I can't help but do some family planning! I am a planner through and through and like to think I have some control how my life will go (even though I know that my Heavenly Father has the ultimate say lol)..

Anyways, I HATED being pregnant this past pregnancy, which is definetly no secret to my blog! People have asked me if I will have more kids because of how awful the past pregnancy was, and frankly - of course I want more! I know we are planning to adopt a child but on the other side of the coin, I canNOT imagine not birthing at least one more child...and we will definetly still go forward with the adoption - so I guess my childhood dream of a family of 4 is pretty much set in stone lol..

So back to my 'having control' comment - basically as a planner, I like to be able to say when  I will have my kids, so after Carter turns 1 and we're on the magical 'list', we will prevent from having one on our own until Carter turns 2...if we have not been placed with a child by that time then likely we will start trying for a 3rd (and honestly, likely my last "planned" child) and then we'll just push back the adoption. Of course alot of prayer will go into it when that time comes but that's my "plan". It's near impossible for me to just sit back and not have my life planned out - if things change that's fine, my plans will change, but that's just my personality!

Now, side note: adoption - as of recent i've definetly had ....butterflies(?) in my stomach about the whole situation! I think it's just my over-thinking mind wondering about...everything! As Carter's birthday comes nearer I will definetly have to sit back and really pray and talk to my Heavenly Father about some positive reminders as to why we're doing this - I know from my past experiences that this is what we're to do, and I'm sure these butterflies are Satan's way of trying to stop H.F's plan from moving forward so i'm constantly reminding myself of that. Otherwise i'm usually pretty excited about the whole process!

1 comment:

  1. I think the hardest part of adoption for you will be the 'out of your hands' aspect as to when it'll happen. Everything else will be wonderful! Butterflies are natural as it is a big step though...I have butterflies/anxiety thinking about adding this second baby to our life and it is FAR too late to second guess that decision LOL

    ReplyDelete