Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas is around the corner

It's almost Christmas! I feel like a little kid again, I love that feeling! It makes me think about all the scriptures that suggest we need to be as little children - it's the innocence and love that Christmas brings. I don't even feel the 'stress' of the holidays (ex: shopping) as we have really simplified our Christmas. I buy and/or make gifts for immediate family and friends, and I will admit I spoiled my boys...but I feel like Christ has really been the center of my reason for gift giving - a love for who i'm giving to.

My only sadness is that I wasn't able to do Christmas photos/cards this year with the timing of Carter's birth - but next year is a whole other story! :D

Anyways, I am counting down this last week with just as much excitment(or likely more than Logan because he doesn't realy understand 'time' yet) for next Sunday. We will go to church in the morning for sacrament meeting and then come home and enjoy a lovely family day together and a great meal and mingling! I couldn't be more thrilled!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in countdown mode as well and really looking forward to having extra time with John at home and to become even stronger as a family. Christmas can be so magical if we look at it the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas & having children really brings the magic and mystic of it back for me. Dexter had "Christmas Morning" with my parents this morning and I think he really enjoy it (and thus I really enjoyed it). It doesn't take much to make them happy :-D

    ReplyDelete