I made the decision to put Logan into Preschool in September. I actually was really leaning towards -not- because frankly as i've decided to do homeschooling, preschool doesn't really seem to fit that bill lol. However! I do have my child's best interest at heart and I think he would really love preschool.
The deciding factors for me were: 1. We qualify for subsidy (more to come on this), 2. the preschool is RIGHT behind our new home, 3. the teacher is a member of my ward, and 4. Logan loves learning!
So the subsidy part: This is going to totally bring out my nieveity (sp?) but I didn't think there was subsidy available for ...middle income families (which is where we are), I always figured that things that like were only available to "poor" people (and I say that with truly the utmost respect). When I found out that I can get up to $100 a month towards preschool, it made the option financially do-able!
I signed Logan up for Tues/Thurs afternoons from 12-3. She does indoor/outdoor activities, field trips (including fire hall, various parks, a school bus, the zoo, etc), then letter/number recognition, reading/writing time, weather, crafts, etc. I don't doubt that I could (and will continue to) teach Logan these things, but honestly that's not why I am sending him to preschool! I actually feel badly for Logan right now because he seems really bored at home... Carter has been really clingy recently and needy of my attention, and even when he's not Logan just doesn't like to go outside and do anything! I worry about that and I think a couple hours a week of structured play and time away would be great for him! ALSO, I feel bad that I can't give Carter undivided attention sometimes, and this will be a perfect opportunity to spend time with him :) It's perfect timing for my life. This preschool has summer camps also this coming summer so we will likely sign up for 1 or more camps as well.
I'm pretty excited. I hummed and hawed about it, but in the end I feel really great about my decision! Logan had a really fun time checking out the place this past weekend - lots of fun toys and games and it's a great set up! The location couldn't be better. Honestly, if it wasn't so close I probably wouldn't have done it LOL. I say that because since I can walk to and from it in probably 10 mins round trip - lets say Carter is sleeping, I don't have to wake him up to go and pick up Logan! I have a hard time waking my babies so that is truly a huge benefit for me.
Looking forward to the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment