Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Can't look in the mirror

Ugh, I can barely stand to look at myself in the mirror these days! Im not gaining weight per say but I am chubbing up in areas of my body that I haven't ever had to deal with before (my face is chubbier and my stomach). I've always carried my weight (and still do) in my hips/thighs/butt but now it's other areas too. Ugh, not sure if it's age or a hormonal shift in my body... ever since my surgery and Carter's pregnancy everything is completely different for me!

Sadly self image is very important to me. I almost feel like I have to repent for complaining about my body so much! I am VERY scared because I have little to no self control it seems, and i'm at the half way mark of my breastfeeding 'life'- and i'm sure i'm not gaining extra weight because of the BF. I need to figure out a way to get into a state of mind where I can reject the cookie or cake or snack and just eat healthy proteins and vegetables. Yes I -like- cookies, cakes and snacks but my body will never be where I want it to be if I continue to eat them, and eat them in excess!

I have asked a good friend of mine to help me this week coming in particular to follow a food plan that i've come up with (I've attached it below here as well so I can be accountable to my blog lol weird huh?) ..Anyways, wish me luck.


BreakfastLunchSupper
MondayCream of WheatSalad (lettuce, pepperShepherd's Pie
Bananacucumber, carrot)
plus poppyseed dressing
TuesdayCream of WheatLeftover Shep. PieChicken Thighs 
Banana(seasoned, not breaded)
M&M Meat Veggies
WednesdayCream of WheatSalad (lettuce, pepperCrockpot Chicken Taco Chili
Bananacucumber, carrot)and Salad
plus poppyseed dressing
ThursdayCream of WheatLeftover Taco ChiliLazy Man Cabbage Rolls
Blueberriesplus green beans
FridayCream of Wheat*undecided - depends on LADIES NIGHT *plan to have 
Blueberrieswhat's left in my fridgea couple treats so will have
a light salad for supper
SaturdayRice Cake & Peanut*likely will eat out with Funeral Potatoes & 
butter & Bananafamily - eating out food choicesChicken parmasan (homemade)
aren't a problem for meplus veggies - not sure what kind 
yet

1 comment:

  1. Good luck buddy you can do it!

    Your ,meal plan looks pretty good, but I would increase the amount of protein you are eating as you don't have many lunchs that include it and there isn't much in cream of wheat.

    veggies and fruits are great carbs but they burn off faster and the protein is more substantial which will help you get further from meal to meal.

    I know you'll achieve you goal!!

    Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming :)

    ReplyDelete