Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Milk Cow

I'm not sure if any of my blog readers have milked a cow before, but it truly is as it appears on TV - you pull down and milk comes out...

I have felt like a milk cow while Carter has been nursing. He actually -milks- me! It's weird. Logan didn't nurse in such a way. Basically he latches then pulls back my nipple and pushes my breast away from him just as you would a cow! It doesn't realy feel that awesome but it's not really painful either. I find it really fascinating that he does it though. He gets all of his milk within 3-5 minutes, then stops "milking" me in that way and just nurses for another 5-10 minutes until I either stop him or he stops.

I wonder if he has jst taught himself how to get a really good drink, or if he knows that his time is limited (unlike a firstborn, when you have your kids 'close' together you don't have the same time to just let them nurse as long as they want). Either way I just think it's cool how natural instinct just happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment