First of all! My boys: Today is my dear son Logan's THIRD birthday! He barrelled into this world three years ago, rather quickly mind you, and has been a joy ever since! He has given us trials and built strengths in us too. He has tried our patience and brought us the joy of love. I have a party with THIRTEEN kids coming this evening which I will post abot later - I am super pumped! I look forward to the rest of his life and watching his sweet spirit grow and develop.
Carter is also doing fantastic! He's just right on track. He eats food like there's no tomorrow - loves everything (except baby cereals oddly enough). He's crawling, goes up stairs (not down yet - tried to the other day headfirst and got stuck in that head first down the stairs position, was pretty funny), he pulls up onto things and as of the other day can sit back down from standing (which took him a long time to figure out lol), and as of two days ago he is walking along furniture. He knows who his daddy is by name (not that he can say it but you say 'daddy' and he finds him in the room), and he waves/points at things. I look at him with awe and wonder as he reaches all of these milestones. It is just as exciting (in a different way) as it was with my firstborn. I also look at him growing up so fast and though I love seeing the development, I don't want him to grow up so quickly ONLY because the older he gets the closer I get to discussing/trying for a third! And that in itself i'm not "ready" for physically (still tramatized from Carter's pregnancy).
Michael was released as a teacher in the primary and is now in the Young Mens/Scouting program. He works specifically with the 14-15 year olds but is with all of them at various times. He is so far realy enjoying his new calling and despite the fact he now is away Thursday evenings, I am very excited for him as he really enjoys the things they do in scouts (they are certifying to do a Kayak trip).
I have been an emotional, weight gaining rollercoaster. You got it. I have put on almost 10lbs and I don't know how to wrap my mind around stopping eating. Its the ONLY thing that would make me want to go back to work because then my fridge and kitchen is not sitting in front of me calling my name on an hourly basis. I even sit here right now thinking about food, wanting to go get a snack (and I've already had breakfast and munched on popcorn). Sigh. Anyways, on a positive note I have been doing some fantastic reno planning (specifically in my backyard, post to come on that), and I have been super busy with Bowen clients and I have been super busy with keeping my kids super busy LOL. That's not true, i've scaled back alot of our schedule so we can just enjoy life a bit.
That brings me to a random comment I wanted to share. It's funny and I don't have a clue how to word it but, I almost feel like I have to many friends. I Know that sounds INCREDIBLY wrong and weird, but there are so many wonderful people here in Cochrane (and out of) that I want to be close with on a deeper level then "hey how are you" but I honestly don't know how to do that with everyone! The past few weeks we have play-dated every day of the week with different people. I feel ever so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. I told Michael I am happy with what I have and I may just have to stop meeting new people for a while LOL.
We bought a Spray Lakes rec center membership this year. Yesterday actually. It gives you access to all their classes, and access to the walking/running track, and then to the gymnasiums and arenas. I hope to utilize some of the classes and I can't wait for the kickboxing class to start up again in September. Through the summer is boxing, Zumba, yoga. I don't love the Zumba instructor at S.L but I can't be picky at this point (financially speaking) so I'll have to just give it a go again.
That's all for now. Going to go write a post about my backyard. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment