Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Logan's Birthday Party




We survived! It was a BLAST! Logan had 11 friends over, so 12 kids in total (only one person didn't come that we were expecting so that's pretty good!). We did a drop-your-kid-off party this year, and Michael, my mom & I were the adults running the show. It was a movie themed PJ party. Friends came, we played til 6 then had birthday cake (a rocket ship cake that I lit sparklers on the one end to make it 'blast off'). Then we did present opening. This was the most challenging part of the day - it was really difficult keeping 11 sets of hands off of his presents with only 3 adults. I still don't have a clue who gave him a few of his recieved gifts. lol. Then we headed downstairs where I had two rooms set up. One room for the movie/popcorn, and one room for playing. The movie watching lasted about 40 mins before even the kids who were happy to just watch were too distracted to pay attention lol, so we lined everyone up and put on shoes and coats and headed outside! We ran around, played bubbles, played football, 'what time is it mr wolf', and attempted duck duck goose. :) We had so much fun!

People said I was crazy doing a drop off party with so many, but it really wasn't all that bad! sure it was go-go-go the whole time, and alot of work, but it was anticipated work. Would I do it again? Yes! Would I change things? of course! lol...I would specifically end the party half hour earlier as that's when the kids were done with the stuff I had planned and I wouldn't want to plan more because more often just ends up costing more.



So, happy birthday to my fantastic baby boy now a big THREE year old.

PS. He got spoiled this year (okay, he's just all around spoiled), our big gift to him was a quad: he looks darn cute on it!

PPS. I LOVE HIM! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


2 comments:

  1. Kudos on the party, both in size and drop offs! Though maybe the party is a little less overwhelming when you dont have a dozen parents to entertain as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - a quad? Wow lol Are you putting him in competitive quadding? JK

    I still haven't decided on Dexter's party theme...ideas?

    ReplyDelete