Well it's time to get really serious. I'm hoping that by writing this down I will feel that much more committed. I used to weigh and measure my food as whomever might read this probably already knows. Over the past 10 days or so I have been really well with trying to eat well, exercise and be happy all at the same time. I feel in a really good place today and am going to take the opportunity to start what used to work amazingly well for me. So when eating "program food" (that's where I get my portions and controls from is the FA food program) a new starter basically just eats vegetables and protein for the first while until getting control over her/his food...then at that point adds rice/potatoes. People's first comment to me is "but you need carbs in your diet"...what people's biggest misconception is that a carb is not strictly breads and such and there are actually many vegetables that are considered high in carbs (like peas and corn). Anyways, i'm planing to weigh and measure all my veggies and protein, and limit myself to maximum 3 proper servings of fruit a day, aiming to only have 2. And I'm altering "program" and if I am hungry mid meals I will have either veggies or fruit as a snack. I always -want- junk food mid day, so that will be my biggest challenge is just eating a healthy snack instead.
Anyways! that's that :) I am undecide what to do about parties and events yet so we'll just come across that when the time comes. In reality I would like to say that if i'm somewhere I won't eat any sweets, but I can't guarentee that at this point as it's been a real struggle this past year for me...cold turkey giving up all sugar seems to be unatainable for me these days, but of course that would be my preference...reality is I can't just 'have one' cookie or square or piece of cake, it's none or lots. So we'll just have to cross those bridges when they come up. If I can get a handle on my daily intake of good food maybe I can feel stronger at rejecting the tasty but not-so-good food.
No comments:
Post a Comment