Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tina & Aaron's wedding day

My friend Tina from highschool got married yesterday and I had the pleasure of being a part of her wedding party. The plan was to take Carter and my mom and just deal with cranky Carter (who hates travelling and didn't have anywhere to nap, etc etc) so that I could nurse him the 2-3 times a day he still nurses. (nap times and bedtime specifically). Last minute (the night before) we decided my mom would just come to my house and watch Carter. I had my friend Mindy agree to come over at bedtime IF he was hysterical and in need of nursing, and nurse him for me (she has a baby boy a month older than Carter)...I'll tell you I felt odd asking but she's one person I knew would do it - and vice versa actually. Anyways, it didn't come to that but I just wanted the back up JUST in case.

So, I left at 8:30am and arrived at Tina's for hair-dos at 10. We got all dolled up and headed to the hotel to do some final set up and readying. The ceremony was at 3pm where I had the honor of witnessing and signing for their marriage. The wedding party was two girls and two guys - all of us married or engaged, which was really nice as it took the "single" edge of the day and we could all just have a good time and laugh and  joke and "flirt" in a non threatening way without any intentions or hidden agendas! After ceremony we hopped in a limo (one of those truck style limos) and headed off to get pictures done. (funny moment: we did the jumping picture and the photographer had the wedding party hold hands and I said 'make sure you dn't tell me husband' - but to be honest, i told him as soon as I got home because it was a little awkwrd holding another mans' hand!). Finished pictures and hopped back in the limo and back to the hotel (where the reception was also being held). We got back in time for dinner which was PHENOMINAL! There was multiple salads, there was deviled eggs, there was fruit and veggie platters, meat and cheese platters, cabbage rolls, roasted chicken, roast beef, potatoe wedges (baked i think), cooked veggies...it was a great spread! After dinner we mingled and such until speeches, garter tosses, cake cutting, first dances, etc. I stayed and danced a couple songs (which I haven't done in YEARS) and then left by 9 so I could get home at a decent hour.

I love love LOVED attending this wedding for many reasons. 1. It was great to see and catch up with old friends. 2. There was minimal alcohol consumption all around - a few beers or drinks floating around but all in all I don't think anyone got 'drunk' (at least when I left at 9 no one was LOL), 3. I got a day out all by myself! I have not had a day out in probably 3 years that was an ENTIRE day out (left home at 830am, arrived home 1030pm) that wasn't an 8 hour class or workshop (where i would promptly rush home to rescue whomever was watching my kids). I tell you, I had such a fantastic time! I didn't know a soul there other than the bride, other bridesmaid and Tina's immediate family but that was okay! It was still a blast. Everything was calm and relaxed and smooth sailing.

The bridesmaid dress: So I wore a baby pink dress, knee length with an added cap sleeve for modesty sake with silver open toed heels. (funny side note: I told Delaney (other bridesmaid) that I bought silver heels for the wedding, and she ended up getting the same shoes not knowing where I had gotten mine!). With hair and make up I felt super cute! I haven't seen the pictures yet which might show otherwise, but I felt like I 'fit in' with the other two girls who are super skinny! lol. the past month I have been focusing on just accepting me for me and loving me for me, something I had slipped away from the past few months, and one worry i had was being the 'big bridesmaid' at this wedding because I have bigger arms and legs than both other girls and am shorter then both also. Anyways, that wasn't the case, I felt equally 'checked out' and chatted with then Delaney, and I felt simply pretty all night long! It was just a perfect evening.

Tina: she looked absolutely STUNNING! She was elegent and gorgeous. she surprised me how calm and collected she was and how well she spoke in front of everyone and I have never seen her with Aaron before longer than 5 minutes, and I just knew that they were meant to be with how they acted and cared for each other all evening. Tina is unique in the sense that she is 28years old and before Aaron she never exclusively dated anyone else or slept with anyone else, etc. She was waiting for her future companion - whom she found 2.5 years ago and i'm so happy for her!

by the end of the evening I was very tired and ready to go home. I know I said how much I loved being away for a day and having fun, but I desperately missed my boys!! All day I was checking my phone waiting to hear something from michael or my mom but never got a msg, and by days end I just wanted to snuggle Logan and/or Carter and just be with them. so I rushed home and even tho I didn't see them, I felt better being near. :)

It was a great day and I cannot wait until the pictures are ready!! I'll post at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment