Well this weekend I had an ovarian cyst rupture (it must have been in a big one because it caused me to rush myself to Urgent Care). I have a history of getting these. Ex: When I had my ectopic pregnancy surgery they recorded on my form that while they were in there they ruptured a 6cm cyst on the opposite ovary. But I have always had painful periods as a child, and often will have abdominal pain, usually more managable. Doctors have told me they are extremely common, and nothing to be concerned about.
Anyways, I had flu-ish symptoms over night Friday night which I thought was linked to eating some foods that are on my 'possible intolerance' list which could still be the case, but I still also had a mild flu (upset tummy, cold chills, aches). Anyways, about noon Saturday I started to get a pain my side. It was manageable so I didn't concern myself. About 5pm I called health link to ask about it and they had me poke around the area to see if there was a specific spot (likely checking to see if it was appendicitis)...that poking and prodding aggitated it very quickly and within 20 mins I was almost buckling over on the floor.
Whenever I have abdominal pain I always get a little overly-anxious because that is how it all started with my ectopic, and being this was right sided pain, that is the side I still have a fallopian tube left on...and I have been having waves of nausia randomly over the past week - hadn't taken a test but it's -always- a possibility because we dont' use any form of protection other than tracking dates.
I called my neighbor for a ride to urgent care and when I got to the check in desk they went to take my blood pressure and I fainted into her lap! I HATE that dizzy feeling...I was most concerned though that I was going to puke in front of a room partially full of people (particularily my neighbor lol) as my nausia escalated with the dizzyness. Well, if you want to get taken back to a room quickly, pass out at the check in desk hehe.
With that they did a preg-test and blood tests, and hooked me up to an IV (I was partially dehydrated due to diarrhea and lack of eating all day)...when they confirmed it was NOT appendicitis or pregnancy then they were able to give me a pain killer and shortly after send me home. :) What a relief!
Signed,
I feel like I live at urgent care
PS. I just feel like a tenderized piece of meat today :) So definetly feeling much improved! It was a doozy of a cyst, and I would like to find out if there's anything I can do to keep them from coming on so strong or if there's any concern to the size of them I seem to be getting.
Hmm, let me know if you get any answers from Dr Google :-)
ReplyDelete