My mom gave me a book for christmas called the Highly Sensative Child by Elaine Aron she gave me this book because I have "concerns" regardinf some of logans behaviors. Some of those things involve: sensative to noise, sensative to smell, sensative to overstimulation, picky eating, fear of failing (to the point of unwilling o even try)....and so on. Some of the specific events include I have enrolled him in a variety of sport classes and long story shortwe have been asked to leave/not come back from multiple places because he just could t participare in a new event - completly afraid of failing and other issues.
Other things: he is sensative to color (those who know logan know that he requres the color green for everything, he's sensative to peooles feelings, he is actually really well behaved because he doesn't want to fail and he doesn't want to feel ashamed, etc.
The one activity I have him enrolled in is music - its the only avtivity he will do and I think its because music is very expressive and 'emotional'.
Anyways, this book has really helped me in a lot of ways. Firstly helping me know that he has a -trait- and was not trained this way. I felt like maybe it was "my fault" because of how he was as a baby and how we dealt with thise issues....but its proof to me more than ever if his highly sensative trait he was born with and that we more than ever did the best thibg fir him by cosleeping and not forcing detachment between him and I, etc. Again, it is a great book because I see how common his personality type is and some pointers for helping raise a confident and strong/man.
Wi th that...I'm blogging from my phone so I'm ending this now :-) but stay tuned for more on my findings!
Sounds like a very intriguing book. I'm a firm believer in doing what works for you & your family vs what people THINK you should do or what the so-called experts say. I'm glad you're finding some answers or at least a sense of support in this book.
ReplyDeleteI'm interested in checking this book out. It sounds like it could be something to help with Caleb. Thanks for blogging about it :)
ReplyDelete