Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Grade 1 almost done!

Well, We are almost complete Grade 1! And I knew we'd be done early, but I didn't think we'd be done in FEBRUARY. I have slowed right down and I am going to make it stretch into March. It has been heavy on my mind however because I don't know what to do from this point. Do I review? Do I move onto grade 2? Do I just give him a 4-5 month break?

So many choices! This particular situation would be handled differently with every child. Logan however after much much much thought and discussion I have decided to move into Grade 2 material after we address any areas of weakness (ex: penmanship).

Let me tell you a bit about Logan. Logan is a natural learner. I take no credit for his brain - he just gets it. Everything. He remembers everything too. We have had to discuss a topic once or twice and he is good to go. At his last assessment with our facilitator he is already reading at a grade 2, almost grade 3 level. He has areas of weakness like most, but in all subjects we don't have to linger anywhere for very long. It's been phenomenal to watch and learn from him!

I am definitely very proud of him - and I don't like to throw the proud word much as I think it can quickly turn into pride, but he works hard and fights with us a bit about it but generally he loves to learn!

And a side note: we have him in the following activities: homeschool gym day, piano lessons, horse back riding lessons and presently 4 week skating program. He also swims every friday with Michael and Carter as "swimming lessons". oh and he is in Beavers. He is a VERY busy boy yet not that busy LOL - he loves it. The riding lessons have been great on his "wimpyness" I'll call it, he is a hard worker and listens closely and is learning a lot of life skills from it - I wish it weren't so expensive because we really can't afford it but the benefits outweigh the negative points.

We look forward to summer break! We will have NO extra activities this year - summer is truly going to be a break and time to play in water and outdoors and as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment