Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cleaning success

I wanted to share the success I've had with my 'chore chart' I have been following. I have added to it on my printed off version, but this is more or less my system. It's been lovely to be 'on top of' everything! The duties i've assigned myself are fairly simple when done in isolation, and by spending a mere 20 minutes a day working on a specific assignment keeps my house in pretty good shape! Logan also loves to assist me. He loves sweeping and mopping, and he loves holding the spray bottle and a paper towel to clean mirrors/windows! Also, I have a list of occasional duties that I am working on creating - things that really truly don't need to happen weekly but i'd like to see them happen monthly, or at the very longest every 2nd month. Example: This past week I washed the walls in my kitchen. On other days I will wash other room walls, wash the fronts of cupboards, clean fridge/stove, or I will do things like reorganize or sort Logan's toys, etc. My goal is never to have to do a spring cleaning!

The other joy of my list is that if I miss a week due to appointments or not being home, I feel no guilt because it will be done in a weeks time!

Frankly this system just works well for me! My house is in a manner that is pleasing to me and I can have my entire home tidy and clean within 10 minutes if I should happen to have company coming last minute which is a great accomplishment.

PS. You will also note that I do not do anything specific on weekends other than 'house maintenance' to keep the house tidy - it's nice to be able to just spend time with my boys :)


SUNDAY

MONDAY

TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SATURDAY


WEEK 1

Vacuuming
+
Mop
Kitchen
Floor


Gather
Garbage’s

Bathrooms

 Windows/Mirrors in Logan's reach

Laundry
Day
+ sheets



WEEK 2

Vacuuming
+
Mop
Kitchen
Floor



Gather
Garbage’s

Dusting

 Windows/Mirrors in Logan's reach

Laundry
Day



WEEK 3

Vacuuming
+
Mop
Kitchen
Floor


Gather
Garbage’s

Bathrooms

 Windows/Mirrors in Logan's reach

Laundry
Day
+ sheets



WEEK 4

Vacuuming
+
Mop
Kitchen
Floor


Gather
Garbage’s

Dusting

 Windows/Mirrors in Logan's reach

Laundry
Day

4 comments:

  1. PS. I labelled the weeks 1, 2, 3 & 4 because then I write on my calendar on Sundays week 1-4 so then when I look at the calendar I know what week i'm on (in case I miss a week or forget if i'm a dusting or bathroom week)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool & great idea! I love how you say "windows/mirrors in Logan's reach". I was doing some cleaning on Sunday and noticed how dirty my fridge door and other doors were at Dexter height. I think I need to get down on his level once a week and see what mess' he made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally.. cuz frankly I was also saving myself a bunch of work.. I just then have to wash his height AND the even better part is that he enjoys cleaning it himself LOL so it's half the work for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using chore charts/plans. I've been doing that the past few weeks and it's been going great.

    ReplyDelete