Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Easter Ideas

So I had a brilliant idea relayed to me - I can't remember where I heard it but it's definetly what we're going to do for Easter this year! I would love if people would comment their easter traditions they have with their child(ren) also because this is the first year Logan -kind- of will appreciate the fun behind an Easter egg hunt!

I really don't like to give Logan sugar too often because it has a negative effect on him, so obviously Easter is one of those kind of traditions that can get really sugary if a person gets too caught up in the hype of the commercialization Easter has become.

First and foremost Easter is about the Saviour and the crucifixion so I haven't found a fun way specifically to work that into my plan for the day (as far as a 2 year old goes), but I also think there's an element of fun in the Easter Bunny, but I don't want to lay out tons of chocolate eggs and treats to find because frankly i'll end up eating way more of them than I feel comfortable and I only have ONE child this Easter, so my plan B is this: Logan LOVES putting coins into his piggy bank - whenever he finds change he goes straight to his piggy bank lol..so i'm going to put a coin or two (probably pennys nickles and dimes lol) into those plastic eggs and hide THEM all over! Of course we will hide a few little treats because that is a fun element - the occasional chocolate egg or Logan's favourite chocolate bar hidden somewhere is part of enjoying Easter :)

Anyways, LOVE to hear others ideas!

1 comment:

  1. In the boys Easter buckets this year I have candy, but there are also some puzzles and play-doh. I use metal pails for their buckets because they can be played with through the summer. We do our hunt on Good Friday so that the boys aren't focusing on the goodies on a Sunday, especially one so important. Then on Saturday we're doing our Easter dinner. We have the little Easter story in an egg carton and the boys love to read that and open the eggs during the week before Easter. We too try to let the boys know that Easter is about what the Savior did for us, but we also allow the Easter bunny a small place in our home. He just doesn't stop here on a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete