I'm in love with Zumba class! I don't typically jump on the popular bandwagons, but after trying Zumba classes the past 2-3 weeks, I have decided that I just love it :) ...maybe I secretly like the slighty more "spicy" way I get to move my body? I think it's fun and kinda makes me feel like Zumba is supposed to make you feel - a little bit sexy!
I tried two different classes in town. The instructor at the fitness center runs Tues/Wed 7:00pm classes for an hour. Then at the rec center they have classes almost every day starting at 6:00pm for an hour. I have been to most of classes at the fitness centre, but did go to the rec centre to check out their instructor and frankly she was just not near as fun and entertaining as the other! So my preference is to go T/W and then when I can make it I use the rec center as a back up.
The deciding factor is at 5/5:30 I see where Carter is as far as his feeding schedule goes. That determines which class I get to attend, and I try hard to make it work for the 7:00 class even though that's harder for Logan's bedtime schedule (if Carter's fussing Michael can't put Logan to bed until I get home at 8:10 - which isn't the end of the world, but just one of those risks).
on another note! I weighed myself this morning and I am definetly down :D I have had a VERY hard time getting a handle of my food intake Carter's whole pregnancy (thus the extra weight I gained) and even since. The past week and a half-ish I have been very good at counting my calories and resisting those cravings that I have been feeling. My end goal is to be able to get into my bathing suit bottoms before February when we go to Disneyland. Thanks to my friend Nikki I have been able to text or email her when I get those food cravings and I have been able to commit to her my goals (most days) for the day.
Its been very interesting. At certain points of the day (specifically from like 2-4pm) I just am thrown into this "starving" feeling despite the fact I just ate lunch like 2 hours earlier. It's to the point where I even start to like salivate and just want to eat anything and everything. That time of day has been and is the hardest part of the day for me. If I can go out or do some specific activity around that time I try to but that's typically when we aren't on the go and realistically I can't leave my house every day just because I don't want to eat. I'm not sure how to really deal with it so any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated!! (and no I can't have a small snack - that actually makes me feel hungrier because it's not satisfying enough). I think I need a body balance!!!
Yeah, we've been slacking in the commitments lately, hey? It's been really good for me to have you to answer to, though. Thank you so much for suggesting it. I REALLY want to try Zumba. Let me know if you try the Wii game and what it's like.
ReplyDeleteHmm, maybe your lunch isn't satisfying enough? Could need more complex carbs that last longer in your blood sugars or more protein to keep you satisfied?
ReplyDeleteZumba is so fantastic! When I saw you were trying it I thought you would love it! If only there were more opportunities to dance... :)
ReplyDelete