Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I don't understand some people...

Michael often sells used tools or overstock on Kijiji for his work (he usually gets a portion of the sale by doing this) and he came home with dozens of...I forget the word suddenly - you know that stuff they line the edge of tubs/toilets and such with? I know it's not specifically for household but it's the stuff in a tube like that! lol Anyways, we've got a tote full of 'em (probably 30-40) and Michael got a call almost immediately after posting it.

This guy says he'll take them and asks if Michael can drop them off at his work today (Saturday) so Michael said he'd check with his wife (smart man) to be sure it would work out to do so. I immediately asked if Michael was charging him a delivery cost because this guys' work is Deerfoot and 16 Ave which from Cochrane is probably a good 45 min drive. I suggested $15-20 (whatever Michael chose) for delivery because it'd be a solid hour and a half plus gas of 5-10 bucks for that kind of distance. (Is that reasonable? I thought so).

Michael called the guy back to talk to him and said he'd like the extra 20 bucks and the guy was all "well you should have posted that in your ad" and "I drive a 2 ton truck, it would cost me too much and be too much hassle to drive it out to Cochrane" (hello? our time/money means nothing?) and Michael told him if he wants it he can come get it or pay the extra cash.

Anyways, moral of the blog, I don't understand people. It's not like we were trying to rip him off, we were simply offering the service of dropping off the stuff for a fee - he after all IS a complete stranger to us and I don't think our request was unreasonable. Personalities are interesting.. i'll be interested to know how "personalities" present themselves in the here-after!

2 comments:

  1. I think the assumption on kijiji is that items have to be picked up, not delivered. We've always picked up items we bought and had others come to our house to get our stuff for sale. Not unreasonable or out of line for you guys to ask for a delivery fee - especially considering the distance!

    PS is it caulking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yes, caulking! that's it!

    and yes, we always pick up - or i'd assume there would be a delivery fee!

    ReplyDelete