I don't particularly believe in "resolutions" but I do believe in goals. Every year I make goals for myself, but I honestly haven't sat down this year and really decided what I want to focus on.
In church today there was a really good Sunday School lesson taught, and one of the thoughts discussed was that we maybe need to focus less on ourselves and more on others - aka: service. Now, there are certainly things we need to do for ourselves in order to grow/progress - and for me I have two that I will focus on this year:
1. I am going to read the Book of Mormon this year along with the Sunday School reading schedule. Along with this I had a potentially inspiring idea come to me while sitting in church today. Michael and I do not watch much TV but now that we have cable again since Carter's birth I find it is just on in the evenings - a couple nights a week we actualy watch a show or two (like Mondays and Tuesdays...sometimes Wednesdays) but otherwise it is just a channel surfing fest. SO, what we've agreed to do is that we will allow ourselves to watch TV if we so choose on M,T,W, and then we will keep it off on T,F's. That will allow us either time to spend together as a couple, to work on projects/goals, or whatever we so choose - it'll just be TV free time. In alignment with my goal, I will likely do alot of scripture study on these particular nights.
2. I want to work on my physical appearance. I have yet to figure out how (aside from the "last 10 lbs") I want to accomplish this, or at the very least where I can get the strength from. There are some serious things going on in my head when it comes to my "relationship with food", and as of recent I have considered trying seeing a hypnotist or a counsellor of some form as I am uncapable of getting the right frame of mind.
Then of course there is service! I have yet to think of a way I can do this on top of what I already do... but I would like to have an equal balance of personal goals and service goals. :)
Happy New Year to you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment