Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

"You're Killing me Smalls"

The past about week and a half Carter has taken to some extreme nursing - like every 2-3 hours, instead of every 3-4 hours (with typically one 5-6 hour stretch in a day)...and even at night time hes been every 2-3 hours.

In the past usually he has gone through these little spurts of extreme nursing for like 2-3 days then it passes, but this one has stretched on far to long. Typically it's a sign of a bad teething day or growth but frankly now it's seeming to just be bad habit.

So last night before the night started I "vowed" to only let him nurse every3 hours or longer and low and behold at 1:00am he woke up after just waking 2 hours prior. (He also has been going through a bit of a 'cuddle me' stage at night, so sometimes if I just hug him for a few seconds he falls back to sleep) But this time he was adament he wanted to nurse and I said no as 3 hours was still another HOUR away. -sigh- Which meant I had to get up and walk/sit/talk to him for an entire hour - not something i've never had to do with Carter as he sleeps the night away (aside from nursing) since he was born. Of course he wouldn't fall back to sleep on his own and cried the entire hour more or less. Sad for me.. but frankly my body can't really take all the nursing, and all the night time disruptions.

The plan: stretch every 3 hours for 3-5 days, then stretch him to 3.5 hours, then 4 hours, etc - hopefully he'll just start stretching on his own and make my job easier :) I don't mind nursing alot in the day time, but nighttime really has to slow down or stop. He's certainly doing well enough size wise that he doesn't need to be eating so often.

Wish me luck!

PS. Some of my friends/family have asked me if he's sleeping through the night yet and frankly I don't even know what that is like LOL so it's not something I even anticipate happening - I had my hopes up with Logan for years (literally) as people woudl say "once he turns 6 months" "once he turns 8 months" "once he turns 1 y/o".. frankly I will just believe it when I see it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment