Welcome!
Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
First day on solids
Despite my best efforts, I took the plunge today and gave Carter solids 3 weeks sooner than originally planned. I really wanted to wait to 6 months but honestly I had to listen to my child. He is nursing 5-7+ times a day and 4 times at least through the night - and still just seems hungry. So I though I think its time to try something more substantial. He nursed today at 11:30, then I fed him rice cereal at 12:30 because he was fussing and he settled right down. Then he fell asleep at 1:30 until 4:45 and its now 5 and he has yet to ask for milk.
Dont worry, i'm not naive enough to believe this is how it'll be here on out but I am curious to see over the coming week if theres a continual change or not. I will only feed him cereals though until we're back from Disneyland, and hopefully only do 1 feeding of solids this week, then twice a day next week.
I am gonna hafta research feeding schedules, I dont remember how often and when a person should do feedings! oi, so much work being a mommy lol ;) jk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We had to start Caleb and Ty on cereal around 4 months because they just constantly wanted to drink. We talked to a few people in the medical field about it and they all said that we were doing the right thing listening to our child.
ReplyDelete