Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

I can't help myself, i'm offended

-sigh- So I am not sure if it's this recent bout of hormones or post pardum or sleep deprivation, or all of the above that I am strugging through, but I am SUPER sensative to things and very easily offended.

First thing: I went to organize a craft night and I didn't get the excitement and huge 'wow what a great idea!' feeling from people I invited so I just got super stressed out and hurt by the lack of response that I just cancelled it. I -know- that people wanted to do the craft and I -know- that people can't always attend due to scheduling conflicts, but add the weirdness of my emotions/lack of sleep I just couldn't handle it. There's no explanation other than it's just how I feel right now. I am also putting together a freezer meal get together so I figured I would just do that one activity for the time being, do the crafts on my own and keep my state in a less stressful mode. (despite the rush I get from being super busy and having a ton on my plate, in retrospect now isn't the time to do that).

Side note: I am actually going to start seeing a counsellor to just rule out post pardum or any other "serious" things my emotions could be.

Item number 2: So this weekend was Easter. I invited Michael and all his family. His inlaws and sister Tami came. :) ...I invited one sister who -said- she could come (I picked the date around her schedule even) and suddenly she couldn't come due to work. I felt a little hurt by that. Then his brother said he couldnt' come due to having to work, but then when he called earlier to talk to his dad and ask when he was coming through to pick up their car I overheard that they were going to be going to an event of sorts for the daughter. I was -very- hurt that I was lied to and offended that they didn't want to come visit us (I took it personally especially with my current state). I actually left the room momentarily to stop myself from starting to cry!

So yes, I am offended. I am going to have to work on trying to forgive them because I don't want these bad feelings towards them all on my shoulders. -sigh-

2 comments:

  1. When you're struggling with anything emotional or mental it's so hard not to take anything negative personally. I hope that you're able to figure out what the specific problem is and able to work on it. I know how hard things can be when struggling with these things. Love you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you end up re-scheduling the craft? Also wondering how your Freezer Meal event went?

    ReplyDelete