We recently purchased a family pass to our local recreation center, which allows us access to all their classes, various facilities in the center and the walking/running track, etc. Today I opted to give the "Big Bag Boxing" class a shot. I walk into the room and I almost walked right back out as all that was in the waiting area was 4 BIG guys (like look like they could fight UFC) and then 2 women with muscles like i've never seen (also could fight UFC lol).
Needless to say I pressed on and it turned out as the next 5-10 mins passed by the class filled with more 'normal' company, and there was 2 other ladies trying for the first time.
WHAT A WORKOUT! Holy cow...the "warm-up" was it's own workout in and of itself. By 30 minutes all my muscles and body was so fatigued I thought when I had checked the clock that it had to have been at least 45 mins to an hour gone by. I -rarely- am in a class setting where I am fatigued like that. I love my Zumba because it's fun, but I don't get out of breath by it, and trust me, I dance hard! I'm not a sweater, and I didn't sweat in boxing, but boy was I WARM!
It was an awesome class and I hope I have the willpower to stick it out. Through the summer the only classes I can attend is Tuesday nights and Saturdays that we're in town (we're away at least 2 of the weekends due to camping and a bridal shower). But as I said, if I can stick it out for a month doing that I think i'll notice some nice results
Not a sweater? What's that like? Lol I am so a sweater...
ReplyDeleteAwesome that the class was great, I think it would be an intense workout :-)