Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Positive post

My last few posts have been fairly negative as i've let off steam or just expressed opinions that I didn't know where else to express - so now for some happy thoughts!

1. I started reading my friend Mindy's blog...she's just a lovely writer and a great friend, I enjoy her spirit and energy and look forward to reading more about her experiences over the years to come
2. I am grateful for my family. I have two outstanding little boys, and a wonderful husband who in his own way does so much good for me and our family, whether I express it enough to him and to others.
3. We celebrated our FIFTH anniversary on the 18th. Michael sent me flowers (he was away on a stake father/son camp) - it was a wonderful surprise to find a big bouquet on my doorstep! Then when they got home we left the boys with a babysitter and went quaddng. This is significant to me because a)Michael and I spent alot of our dating/engagment/first year married doing various quadding trips 3-5 times a year, b) Michael actually proposed to me on a quadding trip, and c) we incorporated the machines into some of our wedding photos. It seemed a suited activity for a 5th Anniversary! I'm actually hoping that for our TENTH we might be in a position to maybe buy our own. In 5 years I plan to be done birthing children, so pregnancy and infants wouldn't hold us back from being able to go out - especially living in Cochrane, there's SO many places to enjoy the activity.
4. I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have felt "inactive" as of recent. I mingle with the ladies and such, but because of naptime and other circumstances I have only been to Fast and Testimony Sacrament Meeting the whole Month of August and only got to church in July like one or two times. Summer is hard because we did a lot of camping and travelling, or like last week, Michael was in urgent care, etc, etc. Anyways, it really drags a person down to miss so much church, it truly is a spiritual energizer! However, since we're moving to 9am church for the next few months while the temple is being built, I will actually be able to attend at minimum, sacrament meeting :) I'm super pumped about it!
5. I am GRATEFUL Carter loves to sleep. He naps 3-5 hours a day, and he sleeps 11-12 hours a night with typically one wake up (which hopefully will phase out soon too, but I won't push it yet).
6. I love summer (despite how hot my house gets if I forget to close the blinds!) - I am excited for Fall
7. My garden is doing really well considering I didn't know how it would turn out (I didn't really prepare the soil, I just planted in what was there). I LOVE our dinners - fresh peas, fresh carrots, fresh potatoes! My beans didn't grow...but my lettuce did - I learned I didn't like the lettuce I chose to plant, and will look for romaine to do next year. I am curious to see if my squash grew :) and we did onions as well (just for mention sake). Learned so much for next year!
8. I am grateful that we can pay our bills each month. I am even more grateful that I have skills to assist in making some money.
9. I am grateful for friendships :) Cochrane has provided me with so many!
10. I don't know what to put here but it seemed fitting to put a #10. lol. I know! I am grateful that my 'depressed' feelings have subsided and have been subsided for a few weeks. I feel more upbeat and more rested and more energetic and more up to the challenge of everything life throws my way!

1 comment:

  1. You're very kind. I'm glad you're enjoying my blog :)

    ReplyDelete