Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Friday, August 31, 2012

The last straw...or maybe the second last straw?

This blog is a venting of my frusterations with Michael's work. (so long positive blogging LOL)

Michael texted me this morning stating he might have to work this weekend away in Edmonton. This weekend we have a birthday party, Carter's actual birthday, michael's parents are coming to visit and the Cochrane parade. Basically, not a weekend to go away for work. He told his employer this and he wasn't impressed with Michael but somehow they found an alternative (I don't exactly have a communicative husband so parts of the story could be missing all along the way)

Anyways, Michael has been really frusterated with his job the past month or two...and I have pushed strongly that he needs to stay with this company for multiple years mostly for his resume purposes - people like to see 'long term' dedication. He is coming up 2 years end of September, and I really want to see him stay 2-3 more years. However! This was really frusterating to me...I feel like Ive gone all 'mama bear' because now they're making him -feel- bad for not wanting to work a weekend of great importance to us.

That made me think back to what has been frusterating to Michael. Basically this past month Michael has worked 6-6 every single day - they wanted him to work more but he outright refused because 1. Michael burns out really quickly and 2. He wants to see his family! Most of the problems we've had with this company are related to them wanting to make him work ridiculous hours or random weekends out of the blue (he hasn't been sent out of town in probably a 10 months or longer!)...and most of them go right down to being a conflict with our family. Michael has no desire to live to work, but rather work to live. AND schedule/consistency are important to Michael. He hates being told randomly 'by the way you have to stay till this truck is done' which could take to midnight, and then be expected to be back to work by 7.

Maybe PNR isn't the place for him to be...he expressed he was a family man when he first was interviewed so I don't know if either they're trying to get him to leave or if they are just that inconsiderate? Really they need another mechanic but haven't hired anyone, which shouldn't be punishment for Michael.

Anyways, company just arrived so I'll just end my rant with me being unsure what life will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment