Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

discouraging day

As you know I have been doing a program with Michael called "Rushfit" (blogged previously about it). It has been fun and a GREAT workout! I have added strength and endurance and flexibility, which is wonderful and despite the tone of the blog to follow, I am grateful for.

I did a cleanse - the Wild Rose Cleanse a few weeks ago and it was close to the time that I started RushFit. By week 3 (we got our weeks mixed up and weighed/measured early) I was down 4lbs and 4" - VERY exciting right? Absolutely!

Within the first week of finishing the cleanse I gained all 4lbs +1 BACK. I hadn't changed anything! I am still wheat/flour/sugar free because I seem to have an intolerance, etc so I basically continued my regular eating and am still working out 6 days a week. So the past 3 days have been a really big hardship on me...when depressed (especially ABOUT food) I just want to eat everything in sight. I have mostly managed to stay within my 1600 MAX calorie range, but have had some terrible food choices in there - whihc in turn makes me feel emotionally worse! Vicious cycle right?

I am frusterated with my body and I am frusterated when it just doesn't make sense! I can't eliminate any more food because I am already on avg eating only 1400 cals per day...and I can't exercise MORE because an hour a day is already hard to squeeze in with my schedule and my family.

Michael has lost 15-20lbs and is looking great. I know I can't/shouldn't compare, but to watch him to the same program and same food plan and get results is terrible disheartening. He also has willpower. I'm not sure how he does it - well I do konw, he doesn't have my intense need and desire to eat food. I sometimes with people could just spend a day in my head and really understand how much I think about food, and how hungry I feel ALL the time, every day, day in and day out. You'd think I'd be an enormous whale if you really knew! Well, I was close LOL but the willpower I have is not enough I guess - that is just the sad part for me.

Anyways, I will not give up - I am not even trying to change my body type...I -know- that I will always carry my weight in my hips/buttock, and I know I will always be pear shaped....I just want to be toned up and firm, not giggly and be able to grab a handful of excess in those regions - I don't think that's too much to ask! I've been doing squats and lunges basically on a daily basis (it's in every workout, some more than others) and I just dont' feel any different. In fact, the other day before the cleanse was finished I tried on my skinny pants and I was actually able to do them up! I haven't done that since I used to wear them pre-Carter - that was SOOO exciting! But now I can't do them up again...in a  week and a half - and for no -obvious to me- reason.

Okay, i'm done. VENTVENTVENT. SADSADSAD.

Return to my initial comment. I -am- however grateful for the increase in my physical fitness level. I hope that one day my body and mind will cooperate and help me reach my goal.

2 comments:

  1. That's the problem with cleanses; weight lost due to lack of food will return once food is reintroduced after the cleanse is done. Have you tried measuring your chest/arms/stomach/hips to check for inches lost? Unfortunately, women's bodies are designed to carry fat so there are enough energy stores for during pregnancy so it's harder for women to lose weight in general; I know it's tough to not compare to Michael's successes (I do the same thing and compare to Cody all the time, too). Have you ever looked up pictures of fat compared to muscle? 5 pounds of fat is at least twice as big as five pounds of muscle, so with Rushfit being so intense it is possible that you have replaced the fat with muscle so the numbers on the scale end up looking discouraging. I feel like I'm rambling. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could the regained pounds be water retention? Women carry varying amounts of water depending on the time of the month.

    I know it sounds weird, but what would happen if you ate more? When I was doing personal training, Cabel believed if you ate the right food in high quantities it would kick start your metabolism. When I was going it, I was eating 2000 calories a day & losing fat. It was also easier to stick to the meal plan because I was full and satisfied. Another quote of his "it's not the big cheats that hurt you, it's the little ones". If I made tiny additions (say some sauces that werent approved) I would have a no loss week.

    ReplyDelete