Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Rushfit

So this is the program Michael and I are doing right now: http://www.gsprushfit.com/

Basically it's MMA fitness training in a video workout format. It's an 8 week training session, where you workout 6 days and rest 1. The workouts are 1 hour long and some days you are required to an additional 30 minutes of cardio. The workouts are bootcamp intense and there's a handful of things I just am not physically capable of doing - nor do I feel the need to be able to LOL.

Today I just did day 8 and today was the first day since after day 1 that I wasn't in pain in all my muscles!! lol..

A big thing i've noticed is that I am even more than normal thinking about food and am constantly HUNGRY. As i've blogged before, food and I have a weird relationship, and I rarely feel 'full' - if I feel full, it only lasts 30-60 minutes before I could eat an entire meal again. I have learned and taught myself to just eat three meals a day with a small snack when necessary...but this fitness regime is really challenging my psyche (sy-kee) <--how do you sell that?). Anyways, i've got myself on a 1550 daily calorie intake - but now I am sitting around 1800 by days end cuz of the major food cravings.

I keep reminding myself i'm burning alot of calories and there's no way after 8 weeks of this intense training that there will be NO change in my body, even if I'm eating a little bit more. HOWEVER on the same coin i'm still trying to win this mind-body battle because when i'm not working out, I need to be able to eat only 1500 or i'll gain everything back too fast.

Sigh, stupid body LOL

Other than that little 'complaint' i am absolutely LOVING this program! It's the perfect intensity and it's FUN - totally up my alley as far as fitness activity goes.

On another note - I'm still boxing once a week at Spray Lakes just to make our membership worthwhile, and we signed Logan up for "Little Dragons" which is Kick-Jitzu for 4-6 yr olds. He is actually VERY excited about it - he can't wait to box like mommy, and daddy is excited because he loves UFC! Logan's class is two days a week for the next two months, for 50 minutes! I hope he loves it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment