As a little kid our library teacher would read the occasional RM book, and I think in reading time at school or waiting rooms (doc/dentist) there would be the occasional RM book...but really, my parents didn't actually own any, and I never really paid much attention to them. I remember hearing a few stories and when I hear them now I remember the story...
Why blog about it? Well Logan recieved like 20 mini sized versions of various RM books as a baby shower gift (which he is now interested in reading so we read them alot), and we were actually gifted over the past year like 4-6 for Christmas/Birthday, etc.
Again, why blog about it? ....RM is a TERRIBLE writer! holy cow...I am shocked! Sentence structure, punctuation, everything! It's horrible! I think his -name- sells more books then his quality of writing...the stories are mostly truly stupid! I like a few, but the endings on almost all of them really just aggitate me lol...they end ubruptly and stupidly most of the time. Logan's favorite book is "give me back my daddy" ...and it's this cute little story about a father/daugher who go fishing and the "fish are smart" and trick them into grabbing their lines (the fish pull the people under), etc, etc. The daddy gets pulled under because he took the $50,000 bait and the daughter has to barter with the baby fish to give her back her daddy - she gets him back....so they go back to town and buy her her own snowmobile. ...That's how the story ends. It just bugs me! The story has such potential and he just ruins it.
It's torture reading them -_-
No comments:
Post a Comment