Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Carter in a toddler bed

Three weeks (well 4 now I suppose) Carter started acting scared of his crib. He's always been an amazing sleeper, so when this started to happen I was a bit concerned. About a week after, one night he woke up TERRIFIED. Like I went in and he was so scared he gripped me so tightly I wasn't sure what to think. After process of elination: "was it a doggie" no. "was it a kitty cat" no. "was it a ghost" no. "was it a bug" yes! ...at least that's what he told me. So I pulled his bed apart (secretly hoping I would NOT find anything) and I didn't. I had no choice but to put him back to bed. He cried and cried but his room was safe and I didn't know what to do! Anyways..15 mins later he was asleep.

Fast forward 2 weeks: Similar episode. Except I rocked him back to sleep (which I haven't done with him since he was like 6 months old). Next morning: GOLF BALL sized spider bite on his wrist! Oh my gosh!! At first glance I thought his wrist was broken! After a day of bendryl (benelyn?) whichever one, it went down in size to a "normal sized" bad spider bite. I have to tell you I felt like the worlds worst mommy but who could have known!

Needless to say he wouldn't even consider going back in his crib (and needless to say I sprayed the crap out of his bedroom LOL). So...now what right? Carter can't sleep with me, because Logan is already in my bed the last half of every night! Not enough room lol.

Then I got to thinking: 10 days prior I had purchased an amazing bedroom set for 'the baby room'...lol (I call it that because whenever #3 joins our family, that room is always to be the baby room)...it was a beautiful warddrobe with shelving up the one side and a gorgeous change table with shelving and drawers (more like a dresser). It also came with a toddler bed/crib, which I had in the garage waiting to hopefully sell. <Side story: It technically matches the bedroom set, but the crib we bought is OUR crib. Sentimental value sort of a deal lol, so I was planning to sell the matching one and keeping ours>. Anyways, I thought "gee, why don't we throw the toddler bed up here and see if he'll consider sleeping in that" what other choice did I have right?

We hauled it up and tucked it in the bedroom. First night I had to sit in the rocking chair while he fell asleep, but he has slept and napped every night/day in it since! (5 days now). I am in shock! I still have the crib set up for 'leverage' LOL "Carter...do you need to sleep in the crib??" if he's being naughty :D It's worked amazingly.

I have said before that I have been terrified about how to switch Carter from crib to bed because i've never done it before. Logan was/is a co-sleeper, so this was a first for me!

Kind of fun to have a "first" with my second :) (tho, who am I kidding, Carter is all sorts of firsts with the personality he has!)

1 comment:

  1. Samuels first night in a toddler bed tonight... so far so good :)

    ReplyDelete