Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Big boy bed part 2

As you may (or may not have read), Carter was tranferred faily successfully to his toddler bed. That lasted 3 nights LOL. The next 3-5 nights were a huge struggle. We ended up having to put him to sleep on our bed and then transfer him. This was -not- something I wanted to continue...I didn't want another boy in our bed! He just didn't want to be in his room for whatever the reason.

So what do we do??

I decided that we should just put him into the bottom bunk (a double bed) in Logan's room. This was to be the plan eventually because we only have three rooms upstairs, and Carters room is also the 'baby room' - where baby #3 will eventually go when he/she joins our family.

It has been a HUUUGE success in more ways then one! He is going to sleep easily, without upset, and so is Logan. AND - they're BOTH sleeping all night long in their room! Logan hasn't crawled into bed with us for 4 nights now - that is truly a first for him! I almost miss him...well, I miss him -needing- us to sleep with him. That may sound weird, but he has been in our bed with us, or one of us with him in his bed his ENTIRE life (and he's almost 4 1/2) so I think it's a normal feeling right?  Not enough to ask him to come back of course lol.

Anyways, we are beyond estatic for the progress they've both made. And look forward to getting some sleep filled nights the next little while! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment