Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

We Found a Home!

Well the hunt is almost officially over! We went to Cochrane on the 1st (Carolyn & Rick graciously watched Logan for us - when he's there I NEVER have to worry about him) and checked out two homes. One was a 3 bedroom mainfloor in a nice area of Cochrane. We went with the intention there was a backyard for Logan to play in, and yes there is a backyard but the downstairs tenant gets it while we get the front. The front is not fenced though, so Logan can play on the back deck or supervised in the front near the street. It just wasn't what we're looking for as a home on the inside either. The second was a dream come true! It's a 1400 square foot duplex with a fenced back yard and a shed with front and back parking. It has 3 bedrooms, two 'living rooms', two bathrooms (both huge mind you), actual closets all through the home, and a nice big (well big to me compared to what i've had the last 3 years) kitchen. The two downsides: there is no actual dining room, and the bedrooms are all average sized - no actual 'master' bedroom.

Now my first sentence was the hunt is almost officially over, and I say almost because the owner loved us and hummed and hawed about even checking our references (he said he has a gut feeling about us) but in the end decided he probably should, so he plans to meet us on Monday to exchange checks and such. The house is more than we're paying now but we've been watching house rental prices and such in Cochrane and we're getting a good to average deal on a home. He also agreed to let us have the keys as soon as the lease is signed so we can slowly move over the course of the month.

So i'm pleased with how everything is unfolding! We both had an extremely good feeling about this place and we both feel wonderful about Cochrane.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you guys to move. I hope the house delivers to your expectations. I'm guessing, but could you use one of the "living rooms" as a dining room?

    ReplyDelete