Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Epiphany

So I was just sitting here playing with Logan and noticed within the last day or so that I think he has grown again (the pants I recently bought him I no longer have to roll up), so I decided to measure him. Now I can't be sure it was 6 weeks ago, but i'm confident that was when I last measured him - it was definetly less than 8 weeks ago.. anyways, he has grown an inch and a quarter! That's a lot for a little guy in such a short time!

Now for my epiphany. Logan has always been tall for his age, he has been growing very very steadily at a fairly fast pace. (side note, he's no longer gaining weight, for the first time in his life the past month he has actually started to lose). Logan has also been a very bad sleeper. It is proven that we do alot of our growing at night. Anyone catching onto my epiphany?

Well I think there might be a cooralation between the two for him. I am not tall, but I have spoken with teenagers who have had major growth spurts and they have told me it's uncomfortable and painful. So I have a feeling alot of Logan's night problems may just be growing pains!

Now, it's not completely that as he has a lot of bad habits that I have been working on (with success) but I think a big reason he has always wanted to nurse all night, or drink bottles all night is that nursing and bottles were and continue to be (not the nursing anymore) his way of soothing the pain!

Anyways, it's just a thought and theory but frankly, it makes a whole lot of sense to me. I don't know many people who have had boys this tall this fast so I can't really look to friends/family for help on this one. THOUGH, at my play group I met a girl who has a 19 month old boy who is also very tall (not Logan tall but still tall) and he does not sleep through the night either! he's up more often than Logan at this point - and as we compared notes they were very similar in alot of things - very different in others of course, but made me feel SO much better about my situation!

Well, for those who might be wondering, Logan is 34 1/4" and 30lbs (down from 33 at his peak).

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting!

    I don't think Dexter has grown at all in a few months. Like no height & no lbs. It concerns me a bit, but again he is very active so I'm sure it'll work itself out. He is about 14 months now and I think 28 inches? Last weigh in was 21+ lbs.

    ReplyDelete