Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Nutrition

I labelled this Nutrition because I have two completely different and opposite topics to address but they both fall into nutrition in a way.

First: Crossfit
I have been doing Crossfit for the past 4 weeks. I would attend a 1 hour GRUELING class twice a week. I actually loved it because it challenged me to do things I never would have thought I could do before. Like pull ups - I can do on my first round 8-10 pulls up! Who knew I'd ever be there one day! Also, I can do 20 boy push ups, and I can do 65lb barbell shoulder presses.. And so on! It's just exciting for me - Michael even has mentioned when he hugs me or cuddles me that he can feel various muscles (and he likes it LOL). And I have followed the instructors food plan for me almost to a T. I had a very bad week during week 3 (which is when I did all my Christmas baking and chocolate making) but I got back on track and did 5 days of straight no sugar/no flour without ANY cheating. I am on day 6 and finished the last half of logan's mini muffin this morning, and had to make chocolates, and fully intend on having one to taste. So otherwise, I have done pretty darn good I think.
Can anyone feel a 'but' coming on? You got it! BUT.. after all that I have had ZERO results. My measurements have not changed, and I have acutally gained 3lbs. grrr. My weight number is extremely important to me as it used to be such a high number - it doesn't matter if that's good or bad, it's just how I am and I'm okay with that. But don't worry everyone, I am not giving up, but it's just disheartening a bit. I'm not even looking for a pep talk, i'm just venting. (so lol, please no one tell me that 'it just takes time' or anything like that). All I want from people is them to just keep encouraging me as I continue on.

Secondly: Logan
Logan in the past 2 months has more or less stopped eating vegetables, and I didn't notice specifically until recently, but he also won't eat meat. He eats fruit, muffins, sandwiches (and not even those as of this week), and crackers - and of course Christmas baking LOL. Anyways, he is losing weight, not eating well, and though he looks healthy, i'm concerned about his nutritional well being. I cannot take him to the doctor because doctors are (no offense) a little useless in this kind of scenario. Nutrition is extremely important to me as a person, and I want to be sure my child(ren) are getting what they need.

My first step was that I put Logan on the cancellation list to get in to see my blood reader, as she can scientifically look at his blood and see what he is or isn't lacking.
My second step is that I went out and got some protein drinks for him - I got the Pedia-Sure as it's designed for children. He doesn't realy love them, but he will drink them. Also, I am sure to give him those fruit/vegetable drinks so he's getting a serving of veggies too.

So the results: I actually am able to get into see Myra (blood reader) on the 14th - they had a cancellation! Which means i'll be going to Rimbey earlier than expected because Myra is in Stettler. And, I am continually trying to get Logan to eat food. I present a huge variety on his plate each day and meal so he has choices of good foods to choose from. I found yesterday that he really enjoys peas. And as far as protein goes, he will only eat yogurt and cheese (not great sources or protein). Anyways, it's a journey, and i'm doing everything in my power at this point to keep him healthy and well. He is growing up so quickly in height that I need to be sure it's in a safe matter for his body.

Anyways, that is all for now! :)

1 comment:

  1. First: I know how tough it can be to be working towards goals and not having it show up on the scale. Most likely you are converting fat to muscle though!

    Second: Dexter hasn't grown in a few months it seems. Sometimes I get concerned about it and other times I figure it will all work out. A little while back I googled nutrition info for kids and found out they don't really need to eat as much as I may have thought. He still seems a bit too skinny but compared to some kids his age he seems fine too. Also he had enough energy to come hit the laptop keys and delete my comments the first time LOL

    ReplyDelete