Hello all! So I have hired a sleep therapist to help me with Logan. It's just beyond my scope of thinking on how to change his habits and a change is needed as things in my life have changed and I really just need some consistant sleep.
This therapist was referred to me from someone I met in play group who had great success with her young child. As I visited with the therapist on the phone I really liked her and enjoyed our conversation, so I'm happy with my choice. Her name is Dawn, and she does everything via phone (she's based out of BC). So she gave me the assignment to track more or less everything in our day for three 24 hour periods - everything from wake up times (day and night) to what he ate for each meal, what activities we do in a day, etc. After that I will email it to her (with pictures of his bedroom/sleeping area) and she will do her assessment(s) and then we'll chat about it and she'll give me a sleep plan. Over the next three weeks after that we will talk if not every day, close to every day about Logan's progress, or in some cases his lack of progress and she'll tweak accordingly.
Anyways, i'm pretty excited about it - I will absolutely admit that I have my hopes waaaay up and despite the fact I know I shouldn't, I do. We're scheduled for our phone visit on Feb 2nd which seems SO far away lol..
I really hope it works for him. Let me know how it turns out. I'm really curious as to what her plan will entail.
ReplyDeleteSoooo fascinating! Dexter sleeps through the night but getting him to go to sleep is painful. Nap time is the worst...I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience and any good tips you get.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!