Whirlwind month - we moved a week ago! Bought our new home, and ta-da! Here we are. To date I am unpacked, but I am not organized. lol, does that makes sense? Give me this week and I should be ready to roll.
The actual move went pretty smoothly. I've decided it's virtually impossible to pack EVERYTHING. lol, I went back for like 3 days getting boxes of things it felt like! Cleaning supplies, random throw carpets, garbage cans, bits and pieces of things from the storage room, etc. And my mom and mother in law were throwing things into boxes as the move was happening. So it had snowed the night before and sprinkle snowed the day of, so the old house was tracked in and out of with wet shoes (definetly needed carpets cleaned). We had like 7 men helping us out so it went really smoothly.
At the new house, the upper level is carpetted so I refused to let anyone wear shoes into the house- we had enough help that I had people bring to the door, then trade off to the inside crew. despite the complaints of some of my movers, I stood firm - I wasn't going to clean the carpets in both houses! Anyways, I am a little OCD organized so every box was labelled with its contents and where it was to go in the new house, so people just took the box to the respective room and I realy didn't have to haul boxes around much after the fact.
This new house gives us 600 more square feet then the old place PLUS a garage so bringing in all the boxes it was crazy to see all the space we still had even with the boxes. I am insanely in love with our new house (despite the fact I miss our old basement, it was a bigger space to play in) - but I now understand the excitement people feel! I've been excited for people buying homes, but I find that until I've experienced it it just doesn't seem as exciting - like when people were getting married I was happy for them, but after I went through a wedding when I found out about engagments/weddings I was even more so happy for them!
The items we have to get for this home are washer/dryer (which arrives this coming Thursday), something to sit on in the mainfloor sitting room (ordered 2 leather love seats), and then as of this evening a new table - which I Was hoping we would be able to wait until next month or the month after to get as my credit card is going to max out before I know it! We haven't had any debt for a few years, so suddenly I am feeling a little poor LOL.
Oh, cleaning the other house! My mom and mother in law cleaned the upstairs, and then I went back on the Monday and cleaned with my friend Mindy for about 3 hours, then I went back Tuesday and finished. We got our damage deposit back in full (which basically bought our washer/dryer) and returned our keys just tonight actually because I had to finish one repair on Logan's wall.
Verdict: Move went well! Boys have adjusted well - Logan has had a few rough nights, but Carter's doing well. HE wil be transferred to crib once we get it built. The hardest part has been we are all now sleeping on the same level and when Logan wakes up and has one of his night time fits it now wakes up Carter! We're working on it... We are happy home owners and I look forward to many years in our home!
No comments:
Post a Comment