Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

the bug...detailed, beware! Skip to paragraph 3 for other news

Well my family did not avoid getting the 'flu' and everything that goes with it (from vomit to cold chills and aches to diarrhea). TMI? oh well! Carter started it, then Logan & I were next, and Michael finished it all up. It was just so awful for me because I truly have not thrown up in literally almost a decade (if not a decade or longer)...it had to have been in Jr high or High school. I've never had morning sickness during my pregnancies, and I am SOOO grateful for that! I hate the feeling that goes with being ill. -_- I felt terrible for Michael too because even though I always got to the toilet or sink, the one time I accidently puked in our poor-draining sink, and he had to help (as I was unable). "For better or for worse" right?

Anyways, It was a bonus that we all were sick together because then we could just all veg together and not have to worry about entertaining anyone as no one wanted to move (except Carter but thankfully he's laid back enough to just play independantly while we rested). We are lucky it only lasted 36hrs - we've heard of plenty of people who haven't had such short term symptoms.

Before getting sick I had reached day 8 of wheat/dairy/most fruits-free. I had lost 3lbs at that point, and then getting sick I lost 3 more lbs. I gained about a lb back thus far from the illness, but I am really happy with my new 'diet'. I miss things, but health wise I feel GREAT. Sure I crave sweets but the idea of solving my itchy problem is well worth the sacrifice, and if it means I can finally lose my final (from this point) 10lbs, then woohoo right? However, to date I am still itchy but definetly not so severe. There's improvement, but not a solution -yet-. I am being pretty careful not to eat anything with wheat and dairy, I only eat bananas, so that's the only 'sugar' i'm getting. Maybe i'll have to switch to a berry next week just to experiment.

I bought the Wild Rose detox/cleanse, but then I got sick and well frankly i feel pretty 'cleaned' lol, so I am going to hold off on doing it for a few months. It's basically 12 days of wheat/dairy/sugar free so it would have been easy to do at this point in time but I don't see the point now.

Anyways, i'm doing well and my family is well, and i'm excited to watch the lbs go down, who knows, maybe i'll reach my goals of 1. starting my next pregnancy at 130-135lbs and 2. fitting back into my Old Navy size 4s!

No comments:

Post a Comment