Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

First week of homeschooling

So we did three days of school for our first week and it's been AWESOME! Logan has loved everything about it and so have I. We have done about an hour a day, which seems to be ample at this point. I have even done well to leave my phone upstairs while we school. It takes me about 20 mins to 'prep' the night before - basically I just read the lessons ahead so that if I need to do any prep work I'm ready and not scrambling while Logan waits.  I have turned my Bowen room into a homeschool room because I decided I did -not- want to have HS stuff all over my kitchen table. I already hate clearing lego and 3 meals a day and coloring, etc off the table - adding to that would probably drive me crazy! Logan loves sitting down here at 'his desk' and Carter has done well so far to just play nearby.

Carter I have arranged for him to be in a Joyschool group (like Logan did) and it starts next week. After Christmas is over I will probably start working on a page or two of workbooks with him. He is quite immature academically at this point so I don't want to start him yet on things like that.

Anyways, today we made a catapult as our craft: http://frugalfun4boys.com/2010/08/16/marshmallow-catapult/

And I have also attached a questionaire we did on Logan's 'first day' (I am going to get a picture printed and put it at the bottom but our printer is on the fritz) Sorry its sideways! I couldn't figure out how to rotate it :)



I am hopeful that we continue on this path of love and excitement for HS - I know we will have our days, but for now Logan is soaking up everything he learns. I am also practicing patience :) I have to say I feel like i'm being a better mother this week because we have been working together so well and communicating/spending more time -together- AH! I just can't wait for this school year to really get rolling and get past the 'honeymoon' phase of the beginning lol so I can give a true opinion! hehe

Wish us Luck!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the first week went well for you, it's nice to get off to a good start :)

    ReplyDelete