This week was pretty lax for us. Our schedule I am learning will change every month. My no-school-Tuesdays is going to be adjusted and for October we have to take Carter to swimming twice a week for 3 weeks during a typical schooling time. But! even though we haven't always been able to school in the morning we have made the effort to catch it in the afternoon. Tho, I still prefer the morning just to 'getter-done'.
We did some minimal stuff this week. Focused mostly on reading/writing skills. Logan has added -g, -e, and -th to his repetoir. He can now sound out simple sentences such as "the cat" "the dog" "get the cat/dog" "mom met dad" "tom mad at sam", etc. He really has a knack for reading. We also did a vinegar/baking soda experiment, and did some painting throughout the week.
I found on a personal level I feel like I can't keep up with Logan's demand for activities. He wants to CRAFT and make things and do EXPERIMENTS all the time and I didn't really have a lot planned for this week. I have a ton of material for things, but I don't want to have it all finished by November lol! Trying to pace ourselves. I need to work on some simple paper crafts on a more regular basis because thats what he's interested in right now. I haven't found the happy medium yet is I guess what i'm saying. Pinterest is awesome but it's also exhausting as there is so many things we could do.
Otherwise week 4 a success! I've adjusted a few of his workbooks - put one away as it was conflicting with another book - they certainly are both great books, just not meant to be done simultaneously! As for the curriculum I purchased, I have a few books that I will definetly use again, and then a few that I won't buy again (as the one specifically is too American).
Anyways, Bly family homeschoolers are truckin' along! :)
(And Carter is enjoying his Joyschool on Fridays)
No comments:
Post a Comment