Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Friday, September 19, 2014

Kindergarten week 3

Well this was a fun week! We did our first field trip - we went to the telus spark science center. I arranged for carter to stay with my mom so Logan and I could "dig deep" into the world of science. It was really fun!! Im sure Logan doesnt remmeber much, but when something has come up in convo he has been like "we saw that at the science center with the <something> exhibit" so all in all.very successful and very fun! Prob do a yearly trip :)

Logans phonics and reading skills are coming along very quickly - im super impressed with the book we are using "The Reading lesson". His new list of words he can sound out all by himself are: at, sat, cat, rat, mat, am, sam, ram, mom, dad, sad, mad, cot, dot.

Otherwise we did regular math - just starting to get into new material - to this point its been mostly review. We made a family tree and a picture family timeline and tho he kinda already knew aboit it, we are mastering our NSEW directions. Frankly i still struggle with them to this day - id say we probably are at the same level here LOL

The game Logic Street is a fab game! Its a pattern/thinking game and logan loves it and so do I! It was a great investment. Other games weve played this week are Brain Box and with Tegu blocks. We also made a family tree which logan amazed me with his cutting skills. Good week so far

Still.avg about an hour a day. Sometimes 45 mins, sometimes a little longer. We also have been faithful in sticking to our schedule of morning school and I keep my phone upstairs as to not be interruptes. We did one afternoon this week which wasnt my fav but we did it! 


Pic: one is the dome show and one is playing.at one of the exhibits

No comments:

Post a Comment