Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Financial apology

Long story short, in a conversation recently had he expressed to me that he felt like I was blaming him for our current financial situation. A bit of an explanation - since I left working full time the finances have been a little tight in our home (not to be unexpected of course), which for me causes me occasional stress but I deal with it by vocally talking about it - it gets thoughts and ideas flowing and thus sometimes resulting in a way to make a few extra bucks! Bonus right? Well, I didn't realize it but Michael felt that everytime I mentioned it I was in a way suggesting that it was -his- fault! Of course that was never my intention! I am ever so grateful how HARD Michael works to support us so that I am able to stay home and raise our child (hopefully someday multiple). He is a phenominal man who faithfully goes to work and though some days he doesn't love going to work (who doesn't have their days right?), he does so that we can grow as a family. I stress about money but frankly in the end I keep reminding myself that we have our basic needs met. We have a home, we have food, we have clothes, we have each other. Sure we won't be able to go and purchase 'things' and 'wants' as openly as we once did BUT i'm okay with that!

So in the end, my dear husband - I am sorry for how I react sometimes, know that I am ever so grateful to have you in my life and deep down I know we will always be okay because we have each other, we pay our tithing, we have the gospel, and with that we can never go wrong!

1 comment:

  1. Money can be so stressful for relationships - trust me, I can totally relate. If I can offer a tidbit of advice, it's that money "fights" tend to be about deeper issues than money. So for example, Michael could really be feeling underappreciated (which you seem to be pinpointing anyway).

    Every relationship has its dips, and ours can come from our hubbies not being as talkative as we are :-)

    ReplyDelete