So I have to tell you, this is one of the most organized, most 'easy' moves i've ever been involved in! So I made a huge effort this time around to be thorougly packed (as last time I had a fairly new baby and thought I was packed but really was not). We were also fortunate to be able to move things ahead of time cutting down on alot of the work. But on the Calgary side moving out we had 2 extra men from my church come help us out (one being my cousin Wes) and my mom manned the cleaning crew which consisted of her and 2 women from my church. I headed up to Cochrane with my mother in law a little before everything was loaded to do the walk through on the new home with my new landlord, and to get lunch ready for my 'workers' (aka: my dad, my dad-in-law, Michael and of course me and mom-in-law). On the Cochrane side I had contacted my new bishop, and he did not disappoint. He sent 4 "Michael's" (lol I say it like that cuz they were young and strong in a similar fashion as Michael is)! So the move in was done in an hour!
Moving day was the second time i'd ever been out to the new house, and I immediately fell back in love with this house! We moved in Saturday afternoon, and today is Tuesday night and I have I think 3 boxes left to unpack? lol I'm an over-achiever I guess, but I just relish in the unpacking! I have had the hardest time with my kitchen.. I want to be efficient but when I wasn't sure if I had everything unloaded and what else was coming that I wasn't remembering I have moved and shuffled a few cupboards.
All in all I LOVE MY NEW HOME! We have even discusses the fact that this home could tentatively be purchasable by us in the future depending on a few variables of course, but it is actually "in our price range". And it's great for Michael because he is to work in 5 minutes! Can that get any better? Nope! lol..
The day we moved all our neighbors (well the duplex unit to the left and the lady on the other side of us) all came out and introduced themselves and we visited a bit.
That brings me to Halloween! Michael, Logan and I went to the trunk-or-treat in Calgary at my brother Ben's ward. Halloween on a Sunday is not something that we participate in so our church puts together these trunk-or-treats on the Saturday for the kids to enjoy. Logan was hilarious to watch! We showed him the philosophy of holding his bucket and going up to the trunks and holding it up. There was no way Logan was going to let go of that bucket! LOL he didn't really konw what they were putting in it but he thought it was awesome! Then on Halloween day despite the fact that we don't believe in trick or treating on Sunday, Michael and I chose to take the opportunity to meet our neighbors. So we did about 10 houses in and around or new home and introduced ourselves as we went - it was really fun! Again, Logan thought the whole idea was pretty fun. He even decided one little old lady's home was good enough to just walk into! haha.. he just went straight for the candy bowl, it was pretty cute.
So that's my H'ween and Move!
I'm really happy/excited for you guys to have had such a great move & a positive experience in your new house thus far! Great job on the unpacking as I still have boxes from 4 months ago LOL
ReplyDeleteWe used Halloween as an excuse to meet our neighbors too...it was great for us & glad to hear you were succesful too. Our neighbors two houses down stopped in and it looks like their little girl is close in age to dex :-)
Can't wait to see your new place!