Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Years!

Well it's now 2011! I can't believe it. My son will be 2 in 5 months.. TWO. Where does the time go?

We had a wonderful New Years! Michael and I went and bought our new 29 gallon fish tank yesterday, so last night he was setting it up with Logan. We brought the new year in with loaded nachos (home made) for supper (yup we wanted to bring the new year in style) and diet pop! lol it was great. Logan decided he didn't want to go bed, and frankly I wasn't about to force him - he wasn't grumpy, he wasn't clingy, he just wanted to be up and since I was up anyways I just let him. He went to bed at midnight after the ball dropped, just as Michael and I. The only disappointing thing is that Michael and I were going to play some games but we couldn't with him around.. so we watched Avatar - the extended edition Michael got for Christmas.

Otherwise, the other news I have is our vehicle situation. We sold our dodge dakota which I was sad about because I love that truck BUT we sold it for an amount we would never be able to get out of it, and since Michael barely drives the truck except to and from work 5 mins each way it made logical sense to sell it. The plan was Michael was going to commute back and forth in a little junker truck he picked up for $500, but the truck barely made it home and frankly it had left such a sour taste in our mouths that we needed to get rid of it or it would just cause emotional problems and stress on Michael (and me). So we sold it for $800! lol ya.. after gas and repairs we made $150 on it - not bad right?  Anyways, now Michael has NO way to get to work LOL so he's frantically trying to find a used vehicle - he's looking for a little car actually. He needs something that is reliable enough that he can drive with Logan in it (the truck was definetly not and we need a 2nd vehicle that can make trips to and from Calgary if necessary and not be worried that it won't start, or break down). He has been on kijiji looking for something for $3000 or less, and today he and my brother are at the auction checking things out as well. I'm encouraging him to take his time and not rush into things as that has always been our problem in the vehicle department, but he is a little stressed because come Monday if he doesn't have something I'll have to drive him to work which would really suck but frankly it's doable.

And of course Christmas happened in there too. We had a great Christmas! Logan really enjoyed it. He was really funny.. Christmas morning he only opened about half his gifts. He didn't want to open the others because he was having too much fun with his already opened stuff. So even to this day we have unwrapped presents - we just put them in the spare room for now and we'll just bring things out over the next coming months which will likely be more fun for him!

I got spoiled per usual. Michael parents, inlaws and husband did great in the gift department. I am ever grateful for all the wonderful people in my life and their charity and love for me :) Our trip to my inlaws also was wonderful. Logan actually chose to sleep with them 2 nights we were there and that worked amazing for me LOL because I got 2 good nights of sleep.

Anyways, that's our New Year thus far! I wish everyone a wonderful year ahead full of happiness and peace :)

1 comment:

  1. Christmas with kids is always fun and you never know what they'll do:) I hope Michael finds the right vehicle for him, I know how frustrating that can be.

    ReplyDelete